Another PA sale (I’m sorry)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Prices went from "absolutely laughable" to "simply ridiculous". Once you dig a hole the way they did (following the Waves model), you can't get out of it. I can't think why anyone would pay more than $29 for anything they put out. Can you think for a moment about anyone who has had a PickPack for close to two years now? ...they've paid about $70 per plugin... :(
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Translation: Dirk will spit on it before he cornholes you from now on...

cprompt wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:45 pm
Burillo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:22 pm so the prices are still crazy, just somewhat less crazy.
Only slightly less crazy! I'd say some of those new prices are fair - the Lindell stuff for $29 each isn't too outrageous. But things like bx_boom which is absolutely nothing special for $49 is insane! And the noveltech character which is old and pretty crappy for $99... you just know they're priced high so they can be reduced in sales and for vouchers and stuff.

I got bx_townhouse for $9 which I'm well pleased with, but these sort of prices only encourage people to wait for the sales. I mean, who in their right mind would pay $349 for an SSL channel plugin? Especially if by waiting you can get it for $29!
I'd say the Chandler and the Engl 765 for 99 each isn't outrageous either...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:46 pm
cprompt wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:45 pm
Burillo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:22 pm so the prices are still crazy, just somewhat less crazy.
Only slightly less crazy! I'd say some of those new prices are fair - the Lindell stuff for $29 each isn't too outrageous. But things like bx_boom which is absolutely nothing special for $49 is insane! And the noveltech character which is old and pretty crappy for $99... you just know they're priced high so they can be reduced in sales and for vouchers and stuff.

I got bx_townhouse for $9 which I'm well pleased with, but these sort of prices only encourage people to wait for the sales. I mean, who in their right mind would pay $349 for an SSL channel plugin? Especially if by waiting you can get it for $29!
I'd say the Chandler and the Engl 765 for 99 each isn't outrageous either...
they were just on sale for $29 ($9 with a voucher that everyone gets). i got all three for like $40 and you telling me that $99 for one of them isn't a silly price?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”