Doomsday (genre uknown to me)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another track I made but I do not know the genre:

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/doomsday
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

My Feedback

Music - 6
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 9

Overall - 7.875

Comments: At the 30 second mark, some kind of melody should have come in, not just additional harmony, arrangement, whatever. Basically, this is a backing track in desperate need of some kind of a top line. Of course I understand that most songs in this genre (EDM) are like this. But even then, they have something that at least makes them fairly interesting. It does help that you mix up the arrangement a little. But the lack of melody makes this just another track lost in the air. Even harmonically it appears to be only 2 chords. There is no real payoff and the end leaves me disappointed. Sounds like an excerpt from a longer track. The mix is fine. The instruments sound cool. The performance isn't flashy but at least it's adequate. But the music is just boring. Pretty package with very little inside. If I'm not mistaken, I think I might have made a similar comment on another track of yours.

For a future track, try to write some kind of top line. I think you'll find that it will take your track to a whole new level.

Thx for the feedback< Yes the songs on this album are a bit like that, but the songs I make now have more lead. But thank you very much for your time to listen to it!
I dont remember you making such comment on a track of mine to be honest, but its possible.

I like it. I don't think it is boring at all. :tu:

Zzzzzzzz.....

Love the sound palette but don’t love the arrangement , need more parts and punch line.
The long delay on the synth melody is distracting and the whole mix sounds zzz.

Sorry if I’m being too honest lol.
Great job tho.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

I agree with wagtunes. Cool sounds. Great mix. It sounds like a solid back tracking track. A top line synth melody or vocals would take this to the next level.

Thx all for the feedback and time to listen!

Like the groove...Sound design is a bit better on this one than one of your other tracks I listened to.

Return to “Music Cafe”