Extraterrestrial Lifeforms

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let me know what you think! I been doing this for three months now so I understand I still have to evolve a lot. Made this song a month ago.

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/extraterrestrial-lifeforms
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: First thing that hits me is the bouncing back and forth between left and right speaker at the intro. Very annoying when listening through headphones. Otherwise, mix is decent enough. Kick and bass could probably be improved a little but nothing drastic. Musically it's interesting enough. Could probably use just a little more variation. Ease up on the side chain and auto pan.

Thx a lot for your feedback! It means a lot to me that you take the time to listen to it and review it. I did not hear the bouncing between the left and right speaker, thank you for telling me this. I can not replace songs on Soundcloud since I only have a free account but I will replace the song on bandcamp.

Mozex wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:21 pm Thx a lot for your feedback! It means a lot to me that you take the time to listen to it and review it. I did not hear the bouncing between the left and right speaker, thank you for telling me this. I can not replace songs on Soundcloud since I only have a free account but I will replace the song on bandcamp.
Actually, you can delete what's there and upload a new version.

OK will do that

The problem is that I used preset software Synthmaster player for that sound. I can not really change the sound a lot but I was able to put the echo effect off. I hope this solves the problem.

Its good. I like the retro vibe.
My advice would be to let the synth melody "breath". There's no bar where its not talking.
Have you ever had a conversation with someone who never stopped talking and you couldnt get a word in?
Let your melody breath. Lest it rest for a few bars, bring a synth pad in. So we can digest the melody.

OK I will keep that in mind for future productions, thanks for the good advice and thank you for your time :)

I have many more songs produced already which I shall also share, gonna limit it to one per day. They are all a bit like this, without the breathing. I can not change them anymore cause I already have them up for sale on bandcamp and some people bought the album. It would not be fair to change the songs cause maybe they do not like them anymore then.
But from now on I will try to let the melody breath more. Never thought of doing that.
Last edited by Heavenly Sounds on Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice little number. Like the change at 1min in. Solid,clear mix too. Good work.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Thx a lot for the many positive feedback. I needed that.

nice fun piece :tu:

but it sounds a bit like a song waiting for a singer.
for it to stand as an instrumental, maybe for future tracks, think about your lead being a bit more upfront. at the minute it sits in the mix like a support instrument.

but otherwise, yeah the mix is clear, overall arrangement seems fine to me.
good job 8)

This sounds like a pretty decent EDM or maybe IDM Tune. It's minimalistic but seems to have enough changes to maintain interest.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:24 pm
Actually, you can delete what's there and upload a new version.
I was doing that but SoundCloud cut me off for new posts. They now have a upload time limit with the free version. :evil:

With the cover art and the simple and slightly lo-fi mix sound, I immediately thought of Nitzer Ebb.

The repetition of a very simple chord sequence makes less of the piece. It needs a lead (or vocal like Vurt said) sooner.

Ooh we got some very duf notes happening here as we get to the 2 min point. You need to be sure notes belong in the Key/Scale you have chosen (all the white ones in C Maj). Or that you have the musical nous in how to handle discordant notes.

Overall I like where you are trying to go but just a bit more time and attention.

:-)

Thx all for your time to listen to the track and for the good feedback! Do not think I will be able to put a vocal on it, I am not a singer.
The "problem" is that I do not really think when I make music, it are more improvisations. Its the way I work. I do not really have any ideas when I start making a song, I just play a bit...
I tried working in other ways but I can not do it, it seems thats what is in me needs to come out. I do not intend to become a professional in this, I just do it for fun. And I still have a lot to learn.

Return to “Music Cafe”