Local Technique - Listening Station (SOMA Ether joins the gang!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/localtechnique/listening-station

Here's my first proper jam with the SOMA Ether after a couple of short experiments. 0-Coast, Field Kit FX and Zoom MS-50G make up the rest of the toolkit. There's some patch notes in the description for the curious.
Image Image Image Image

damn!
@ the gfs tonight so will grab a listen tomorrow at the monitors 8)

soma :band:

that's pretty damn cool :)
i love detuned radio stuff, the ether seems to do that quite well.
its a tempting box for sure
works really well with the small gang you have here too, considering the footprint of all those together, that's a rig that could keep you going for a while 8)

the way the sequenced ticking parts come in, took me a minute to actually notice as it was a perfectly natural progression.
lovely work throughout, mix is crystal too :tu:

Thanks! It definitely brings something new to the table which is always good. I was a bit bummed out at first that it picked up radio as I had other plans in mind for it but I'm learning to work with it. I took it out for a walk one day and it was cool to hear random crazy sounds and rhythms come out of nowhere.
Image Image Image Image

i need to sort out a decent antenna for my field kit, although the ether being portable is a whole different ballgame 8)
i imagine if you get near pylons and such, anything that disrupts the emf, you might get more static type sounds? or maybe geiger counter type stuff?
think id have to see if i could find one in stock over here at some point though, as much as id like to go direct to soma, the whole paypal and customs thing taking a month altogether pissed me off :(

look forward to hearing more experiments with it :)

this just in from Green Bank ...

I wasn't near any pylons but that would be something to check out. I took it around a town and it picked up some cool sounds going through a shopping centre.

I got this from SOMA's EU division in Poland because I didn't want to deal with shipping anything in from outside the EU.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”