IK Multimedia releases MODO DRUM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO DRUM

Off topic, but: Sorry to say but samples, even the very best samples, cannot recreate a guitar sound the way a physically modeled synthesis can.

But I agree the Orange Tree guitars are fantastic for what they are and I have come so close to buying them myself but I already own Electri6ity ;)
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:52 pm
Examigan wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 pm Sorry if I missed it, but is there a release date?
We are looking to release MODO DRUM in August 2019.
Hey I just looked at the calendar... :wink:

Examigan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:09 pm
Examigan wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 pm Sorry if I missed it, but is there a release date?
Hey I just looked at the calendar... :wink:
Yes, we're six days into August 2019 :)

Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:57 pm
Burillo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:31 am the modeling of the positioning for the snare is impressive. the hihats are meh IMO.
This is why I think that having some ability to route a stereo pair into the Modo drum plugin makes sense to me as a feature request. Most of us have multiple drum libraries and if we could bring in those other libraries (with dry settings) so that they are routed through this plugin and processed through their reverbs/effects we could replace or augment some of the sounds in Modo as we saw fit. You'd need a bit of midi work in your editor to route to both plugins but that is doable.

Cymbal sounds in particular have people collecting special sound packs and libraries and if you otherwise like what you are hearing with Modo Drums you could replace what you felt was lacking.

Another option would be an effect only Modo Drum plugin that had the same effect engine that we could slap on an insert to put a 3rd party drum engine into the same acoustical space.

I am not sure if I am explaining this well or not.
Or the opposite, put Modo and another plugins on separate channels and perform bus processing and effects on a group. This is how I normally work actually.

When you hear what good PM synthesis can produce, pretty much almost anything based on samples is "meh".
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Examigan wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 pm Sorry if I missed it, but is there a release date? https://hu.flatfy.com/
More precisely, when? :) Do you maybe have any hunch? I hope very soon, and not at the very end of the month!
Last edited by kovacsszandra on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
We are looking to release MODO DRUM (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mododrum/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mododrum) in August 2019.
Yes, please, can you be more specific? Last week was supposed to be the end of pre-orders but there is still no actual release date!
I pre-ordered it and am waiting on tenderhooks here.

Is IK just going to be doing the typical marketing thing where they’ll say “due to the amazing response, we’ll be extending the pre-orders”.

Please, just give use the actual release date!

As per the above quoted post (and elsewhere) we have stated that MODO DRUM will release in August and we intend to do so. We will have an announcement as soon as it is shipping. Thank you for the excitement for this release, I am quite excited to get MODO DRUM out the door too!

Thanks Peter. 😀

Examigan wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:47 pm Thanks Peter. 😀
You're welcome. It is looking promising for it to be very soon and not near the end of the month.

It's out!

Playing with it right now

The "PreOrder" message on the website now just says "Buy Now".
:party:

Installed it, played with it - nice. However, is there a way to move the sample content to an external disc? The installer just allows to install Modo Drum on the main disc, which is not ideal, as it has quite a few GB (and I want to have my music stuff on a dedicated external SSD). Peter?

I do not know, but is there any Preference Settings that indicate a disk path?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Instruments”