Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fractalism for Output Portal Portal

ians wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:38 pm Anyone know when the offer ends?

Cheers
As your were. It's May 5th.
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

It's 10th May.

ians wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:38 pm Anyone know when the offer ends?

Cheers
AFAIK 10th of May

Upgraded to the bundle (bundle completion) from my account. Got partial refund. Ended up getting Portal, Chaos and Airlift for just $55.

That was amazing and a bargain. Thank you so much to Output for being generous to loyal customers. :tu:

Trying to install the Chaos expansion and getting warned by Windows that its a severe level threat.. a Trojan they say.. anyone else seeing this?

ehdyn wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:52 pm Trying to install the Chaos expansion and getting warned by Windows that its a severe level threat.. a Trojan they say.. anyone else seeing this?
Yup, already mentioned that in bargain thread here and to Output support. However, later when I tried to download from my account it was fine, they possibly corrected it. You can try again or get a direct download link from Output, just like I did.

Just bought it via Time + Space.

It's a beauty.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Heck I didn't need yet another granulator but Portal sounds good, the onboard FX are decent (apart from the reverb) and it'll be a nice addition to my live setup processing other instruments in real time.

My first encounter with Portal, processing a little (looped) piano improv (Pianoteq 6).
https://youtu.be/Cuz9NNV8FHY

Yeah in terms of what I need, I shoulda stayed away, but in terms of want, it sounded too good to miss. I'm late to the party.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:08 am Heck I didn't need yet another granulator but Portal sounds good, the onboard FX are decent (apart from the reverb) and it'll be a nice addition to my live setup processing other instruments in real time.

My first encounter with Portal, processing a little (looped) piano improv (Pianoteq 6).
https://youtu.be/Cuz9NNV8FHY
Pretty interesting, as always. This video will empty some more pockets for Portal. It is beautiful indeed. :)

revvy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:17 am Yeah in terms of what I need, I shoulda stayed away, but in terms of want, it sounded too good to miss. I'm late to the party.
i've really wanted this for some time now, but i really don't need it. made some purchases that were important and just don't have the funds for this, however inspiring it might be.

next time, though...

Here is another one:

Processing a piano octave sequence with a custom patch which creates tempo-synced grain clouds in a minor tonality.
https://youtu.be/PXdg8XKg0iY

Portal really has its own color in term of granulation. For me sonically, it brought something new in the grain territories.

Any word about the expansions?

Are they worth it / bring something new/different to the table against general use of the plugin?

dermage wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:53 pm Any word about the expansions?

Are they worth it / bring something new/different to the table against general use of the plugin?
They are basically like presets for synths. I would get them only as a part of bundle (either new bundle purchase or upgrade).

However, if you like one or two particular Expansions (e.g. ABW Airlift is awesome), you could get them from Time+Space using your loyalty points.

Return to “Effects”