I love my Cubase 10

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally Cubase has the option of rendering multiple instrument midi channels to audio wav files. IMO this is a massive improvement over having to bounce tracks one at a time. It used to be the most tedious part of songwriting / mixing and killed workflow, but no longer. YAY :D :clap: :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

You may also Batch Export and render only certain channels of a multitimbral instrument and/or select audio channels, with/without FX.

It seems there are lots of options on the audio export. I need to have a proper look. :tu:

Looks like Cubase will get ARA on 6-26-16.
I am looking forward to this event!

Let's hope it will be as good or better as the ARA in Studio One.

I jumped on the recent cross-grade having dumped Cubase around when 7.5 came out because the snappy GUI from 6.5 was gone and CPU usage was high.
6.5 was the last version I used extensively and had a lot of fun with, stable as a rock too. This year though I presumed that the teething problems with the new GUI etc for 7.5 would be a thing of the past right?, 3 versions later?
NOPE. :party:
Today, in v10 I loaded up a project with 28 audio stems and no processing, CPU usage was around 60% just to play a few audio tracks :x
(Any change of settings doesn't make a difference).

So, out of curiosity I downloaded and installed good old 6.5 and sure enough the CPU for the exact same project was 12-15%. :neutral:
Tried them in FL Studio and Reaper too, they also ran at 12-15%.

So yeah, not loving my Cubase 10 right now and good job Steiny :lol:

lotus2035 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:04 am So yeah, not loving my Cubase 10 right now and good job Steiny :lol:
That can't be right. How about you send me the project and I'll open it and see what % usage I get on my machine. Something in your set up must be glitching with Cubase 10.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

lotus2035 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:04 am Today, in v10 I loaded up a project with 28 audio stems and no processing, CPU usage was around 60% just to play a few audio tracks :x
(Any change of settings doesn't make a difference).
That doesn't sound typical. I recently imported a similar number of audio stems and didn't run into high CPU usage at all. I'd check a few things:

1. Were the stems rendered at the same sample-rate as the Cubase project? I suppose it could be possible that a samplerate mismatch could cause Cubase to do some SRC conversion on the fly and eat CPU.

2. Perhaps more likely, is it possible you're inadvertently doing time-stretching on all 28 stems? I think by default, Cubase will import tracks in "Musical" mode which will attempt to match audio files to the tempo. You'll see a quarter note icon at the right of each audio file in Cubase (if I remember correctly). I could see that kind of processing eating CPU. In fact, as I type this, I think that's exactly what happened to me by default when I first imported the audio into the project.

I imported one of my old songs with 79 tracks into Cubase 10, and I’m not seeing CPU usage anywhere near that amount. There must be something else going on with your projects.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:49 am 2. Perhaps more likely, is it possible you're inadvertently doing time-stretching on all 28 stems? I think by default, Cubase will import tracks in "Musical" mode which will attempt to match audio files to the tempo. You'll see a quarter note icon at the right of each audio file in Cubase (if I remember correctly). I could see that kind of processing eating CPU. In fact, as I type this, I think that's exactly what happened to me by default when I first imported the audio into the project.
Yes, by golly that was it! You sir are a lifesaver and I am a moron. :hihi: Thank you. :hug:

So it seems this was not the case in 6.5, it's funny cause I was about to sync the tempo in the v10 project even though I don't really need to, the problem would have disappeared then I suppose but I wouldn't have known why. It should be off by default though I think. Oh well I learned something today.

Ok so I'm back on the Cubase 10 love boat. :hug:

EDIT: CPU down to around 10% :party:
Last edited by lotus2035 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I only got it because I recently had the same thing happen. Glad it wasn't Cubase and you got it sorted!

Thanks again! :tu:

I did wonder. I have songs with nearly 100 tracks of audio and FX and CPU usage is nowhere near what you mentioned. Welcome back!

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm Looks like Cubase will get ARA on 6-26-16.
I am looking forward to this event!

Let's hope it will be as good or better as the ARA in Studio One.
June 26 2016? By way of time machine.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

^^^

Oooops
June 26, 2019.

Cubase 10.0.30 update is available now.
More BPM please

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”