[Complextro] Rimraz - "Flash Point"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/rimraz/flash-point

Hows the compositions and mix? Let me know what you think! I appreciate constructive criticism.

I personally would not start with that lead. I would save that, and would choose a different sound for the lead because its a slightly annoying sound. @0:56 there's a lot of elements you've got in there swirling around like a washing machine. Perhaps simplify it a little. I commented on another thread yesterday about Daft Punk and how they are masters at introducing different elements at the right moment.
I appreciate you want your track to maintain peoples interest and thats a good thing. But with all those elements swirling around its a touch disorientating.
Its definitely interesting, and there were parts of it I liked.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the honesty!

Yeah, the strident quality of that lead is pretty hard to bear as the first thing up. It signals that this is how it will go, everything cranked to 11, I expect no relief.

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 10
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.25

Comments: The lead doesn't bother me. What bothers me is how repetitious the track is. There is so much potential here as the main melody is very catchy. But there's no real variation. Sure, the arrangement changes somewhat throughout but for the most part it's the same theme throughout. Having said that, I actually enjoyed it. For the life of me I can't tell you why as stuff like this usually makes me turn off the radio, but something about this struck a chord with me. However, I feel over time that I will probably grow tired of it as there just aren't that many surprises. I thought the instruments were really cool sounding. Not sure what synths you used but they rock. While parts of the mix were a little over the top, I felt overall that it was excellent. The performance was very exciting. This could be a great track with some composition changes.

Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Music Cafe”