IK Multimedia T-racks Tape Machine Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Tape Machine Collection

acousticglue wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:25 am CPU is heavy because it's magnetized

:hihi:

:D

Maybe it's the animation of the tape going around that is causing CPU hits?

I just tried this... and yes the CPU is outrageous.The sound is also outrageous as well (in a good way!!).

IK's software developers really need to quadruple check their products before releasing them out into the public. This is a great product, but there are others that can provide the same results using 1/8th of the computer's resources.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Yes, the cpu hit is enough for me to pass on this, as nice as it sounds.

lotus2035 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:10 am Maybe it's the animation of the tape going around that is causing CPU hits?
Seriously hoping it's 3-D rendered in real-time.
A well-behaved signature.

Hmmm... these sound very nice. rich and full. I loved working with 456 @15ips. I get a similar vibe here. my deck was a bit "dirty" sounding compared to these. Examining with Plugin Doctor it's nice to see how the transport emulation affect the signal. It looks authentic - the kind of response wobble you get with a deck due to all the mechanical stuff going on. Nice. And you can turn that off and the response is static. Looks like a bit of azimuth mis-adjust on purpose. ?? An azimuth control would be nice. I really like the controls in u-he Satin for adjusting the character of the deck - something similar would be nice to tweek some of those expensive cpu-cycle emulations! :phones:

sound and CPU usage aside, it's like IK has ignored all usability improvements other tape plugins have brought us. gain-compensated bias? nope. gain-compensated input adjustment? nope. options to show input/output metering? nope. this makes tweaking and comparing the sounds a huge chore.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Agreed. The UI is a bit of a mess. Those tiny important bias/level knobs are just atrocious. Especially the bias knob needs to be easily accessible and have very clear very fine resolution as it affects the sound in an extreme way at key positions of the knobs movement.

I'd also like it if the main input and output knobs could be reverse linked.. like for instance Black Rooster Audio does it with their tape emulation where if you turn the knob using the right mouse button, you get reverse linked operation.

The main positive of this pack is that all models do indeed sound extremely good and thoroughly vaied. These are definitely some of the best tape models out in the wild, in my opinion. Wish IK would make a basic crappy C-cassette emulation as well. Nobody has done one of those at high fidelity.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Sounds like this is a combination of modeling and convolution. How is latency?

Wait for it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:lol:

Aloysius wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:49 pm Wait for it.
:lol:
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

mixtur.se wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:43 pm And no upgrade paths for existing users either, just a random cross-grade deal for everyone :-(
The current Crossgrade Crunch deal is not for everybody it is for those who qualify for said crossgrades, who are getting up to 40% off additionally.

Return to “Effects”