IK Multimedia T-racks Tape Machine Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Tape Machine Collection

Little late to the tape game. Delay and modular effects are the flavor of the month right now :P 8)

Yeah i was seriously hoping for some sort of tape/vintage/analog delays collection in seperate vst form (not just in Amplitube only) :pray:

cprompt wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 pm Jam points? Well if I use some of my hundreds of them to knock off 30%, then pay the vat, I can get this from IK for, let's see now... $95. A whole $4 saving! How could I resist :D
Yep if you are in Europe, the VAT wipes out any Jampoints benefits. I have €190 worth in my account which will never be used. I just buy IK gear from Audio Deluxe instead. :shrug:

i still have 90 credits left, so i can get these for ~22 EUR (25 Credit pack plus jampoints). nice! i'll demo these.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

IK, when will you fix the gear demoing for non-admin users? FFS it's 2019! Custom Shop always wants to start as admin, so any demo i activate, will not work under non-admin user.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

lotus2035 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 pm
cprompt wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 pm Jam points? Well if I use some of my hundreds of them to knock off 30%, then pay the vat, I can get this from IK for, let's see now... $95. A whole $4 saving! How could I resist :D
Yep if you are in Europe, the VAT wipes out any Jampoints benefits. I have €190 worth in my account which will never be used. I just buy IK gear from Audio Deluxe instead. :shrug:
Of course they too are required by law to charge you the appropriate tax for your location, like we are.

wow...those tapes are probably the most CPU intensive plugins i have ever seen. Even Roland cloud plugins on highest quality does not take so much recources as these tapes...on Idle each of tape plugin takes 20% of my oldie i7 4790k at 4.4ghz, insane. And i thought Uhe Satin is CPU intensive wich only is taking 6% of my CPU. Im sure it might be some sort of bug (maybe same one like T-Racks Clipper v5?).

Edit, actually after update Clipper now on idle takes 12% instead of 10% and i used it today before the update...
Last edited by Elektronisch on Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

We now have T-RackS Tape Machine Collection and the singles available. Please read the news or visit the product page

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 pm We now have T-RackS Tape Machine Collection and the singles available. Please read the news or visit the product page
No wow/flutter?
Seems to be very light on tweakability when compared to say U-he's Satin, was that a conscious decision?

Also, do you have to own T-racks to use this?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 pm We now have T-RackS Tape Machine Collection and the singles available. Please read the news or visit the product page
No wow/flutter?
Seems to be very light on tweakability when compared to say U-he's Satin, was that a conscious decision?
These are meant to be very accurate representations of the sound of the specific machines they model and the available tweakability you would have available to you while using these machines.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:20 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 pm
No wow/flutter?
These are meant to be very accurate representations of the sound of the specific machines they model and the available tweakability you would have available to you while using these machines.
Thanks Peter.
I'm looking for a way to demo this on your website but can't find it, sorry, i'm unfamiliar with your products.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:23 pm Thanks Peter.
I'm looking for a way to demo this on your website but can't find it, sorry, i'm unfamiliar with your products.
You would demo them via T-RackS Custom Shop. There are more details on how to do so and what's required at this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798

Thanks!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:42 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:23 pm Thanks Peter.
You would demo them via T-RackS Custom Shop. There are more details on how to do so and what's required at this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=798

Thanks!
Cheers Peter!

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 pm wow...those tapes are probably the most CPU intensive plugins i have ever seen. Even Roland cloud plugins on highest quality does not take so much recources as these tapes...on Idle each of tape plugin takes 20% of my oldie i7 4790k at 4.4ghz, insane. And i thought Uhe Satin is CPU intensive wich only is taking 6% of my CPU. Im sure it might be some sort of bug (maybe same one like T-Racks Clipper v5?).

Edit, actually after update Clipper now on idle takes 12% instead of 10% and i used it today before the update...
I'm experiencing incredibly high cpu too, one instance is using 25% cpu on my 10 core iMac Pro.

Peter, is this a bug or are they just incredibly hungry?
I though the idea was to use on each track, like tape.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:33 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 pm wow...those tapes are probably the most CPU intensive plugins i have ever seen. Even Roland cloud plugins on highest quality does not take so much recources as these tapes...on Idle each of tape plugin takes 20% of my oldie i7 4790k at 4.4ghz, insane. And i thought Uhe Satin is CPU intensive wich only is taking 6% of my CPU. Im sure it might be some sort of bug (maybe same one like T-Racks Clipper v5?).

I'm experiencing incredibly high cpu too, one instance is using 25% cpu on my 10 core iMac Pro.

25%? That's 4 instances. Maybe they're just going for extreme authenticity and taking it back to the days of 4-track tape and analog hardware? :lol:

Yes, I'm kidding. Also, my guess is that they're using 25% of one core. A single plugin using 25% of a 10-core machine, would mean that it would have to run across multiple cores, which I doubt would be the case here.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:33 pm

25%? That's 4 instances. Maybe they're just going for extreme authenticity and taking it back to the days of 4-track tape and analog hardware? :lol:

Yes, I'm kidding. Also, my guess is that they're using 25% of one core. A single plugin using 25% of a 10-core machine, would mean that it would have to run across multiple cores, which I doubt would be the case here.
Excuse my naivety, I’m no computer expert but how can I check that. I tested the tapes in Logic, Live 10 and Studio One, all of which are showing approx 25% cpu usage with one instance of Tape Machine.
I have my DAW’s set up for multi core processing (apart from Live as they dropped that..).

No I’m thinking I may have bigger problems than this demo...

If anyone has any tips, please PM me. Cheers!

Return to “Effects”