Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:44 pm Did you also try to delete the AU cache file, then install the plugin and reboot? Sometimes this is the only way to force hosts to rescan all plugins.

During our tests with Logic, Hive and all other u-he plugins were running fine in macOS Catalina, even in the final release version.

Some hosts also have a blacklist file, where they put plugins which created problems once.
Then these plugins won't show up in the host until you delete the blacklist.
But I am not sure if Logic does have such a blacklist.
No not any cashes, only things, that mediocre users do :)

I reinstalled AU, then deleted AU and reinstalled, rescanned plugin manager and restarted the computer couple of times. AU was NOT in the plugin manager. After I downgraded, AU was there.

I legally have licences for Diva, Hive and Hive 2 an use the last versions. There was no problems with Diva.

charliezerotwo wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:08 pm No not any cashes, only things, that mediocre users do :)
Hehe.
Next time you run into such a problem, simply delete the mentioned AU cache file and reboot.
This always cures issues of hosts not recognizing an installed AU plugin.
There is no reason why Hive shouldn't show up in Catalina.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:15 am
charliezerotwo wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:08 pm No not any cashes, only things, that mediocre users do :)
Hehe.
Next time you run into such a problem, simply delete the mentioned AU cache file and reboot.
This always cures issues of hosts not recognizing an installed AU plugin.
There is no reason why Hive shouldn't show up in Catalina.
ok thank you! how do I do that?

charliezerotwo wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:25 am ok thank you! how do I do that?
You can find the file in the user library:
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache

Just delete the com.apple.audiounits.cache file from that folder.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Hive 2 rev. 8676 works well on Linux, but there's an issue with using this plugin on mixbus32c.
When the plugin is removed from a midi track, it causes mixbus to hang..
otherwise it works correctly..

We are excited to announce Cosmic Harmony for U-he's Hive 2 synthesizer, which has an impressive, modern sound with a powerful feature set and a relatively easy to use layout. The soundset is suitable for any contemporary electronic and ambient music genres, including cinematic music. The soundset focuses on gorgeous sounding ethereal pads and cosmic soundscapes as well as hard hitting basses and blissful plucks and leads. An optional "Expansion" version is available for an additional $5 containing 24 MIDI files taken from the audio showcases.

Video Showcase

https://youtu.be/5lFp3Alq1fI
  • Soundset Details:
  • Include 101 Presets for Hive 2.
  • Optional - Includes 25 MIDI FIles (Over 50 merged patterns) from most of the audio demos. They are named identically to the corresponding preset.
  • All patches are volume normalized. (They won't clip and have equal volume levels when scanning between presets).
  • Complex Modulation Wheel destinations for all patches. When appropiate, many patches also utilized velocity sensitivity.
  • Patches created in the latest 2 version of Hive 2.
  • Easy Installation Instruction with Images in PDF format.
Patch Breakdown (101 Patches):
  • Leads - 21.
  • Pads & Atmospheres - 23.
  • Basses - 13.
  • Plucks and Keys - 25.
  • Arps and Sequences - 9.
  • Bass Sequences - 5.
  • Drums and FX - 10.
Audio Showcase

https://soundcloud.com/tj-goa/sets/cosm ... -showcases
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Does Hive 2 have full MIDI implementation?

What do you mean by that? Certain things are not MIDI learnable, just like in other u-he plugins.

I think you got it. Which parameters cannot be controlled per MIDI?

@u-he
Will that ever change?

Prev/Next preset, mod matrix destination menus. Don't expect these to change.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:23 pm Prev/Next preset
And that's actually the thing that I miss most from almost all plugins and DAWs, not just u-he's: A simple way to scroll through the presets with just a key, a knob or a button on my MIDI controller.

Switching input devices twice after every preset makes auditioning of sounds way more painful than needed.

Isn't it what program change is there for?

Benutzername wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:19 pm
And that's actually the thing that I miss most from almost all plugins and DAWs, not just u-he's: A simple way to scroll through the presets with just a key, a knob or a button on my MIDI controller.

Switching input devices twice after every preset makes auditioning of sounds way more painful than needed.
Imagine there were buttons on a MIDI control surface which control previous/next preset in our plug-ins. That control surface would also be used for a lot of other devices, both real and virtual.

So while the UI is closed, you could browse presets with absolutely no visual feedback. You could record those preset changes in your projects, and when you loop the region, it would switch to the next preset with each iteration. Any of this could easily happen accidentally without the user's notice.

This sounds like an absolute support nightmare. You'd find threads in this forum by people who set up the functionality and then ending up blaming us for badly coded software. And this is not a hypothetical issue. We have been there with MIDI Learn before.

We would have to restrict this to instances which have the UI open. Like NKS Komplete Kontrol software, preset browsing from hardware would be tied to an on-screen experience. I even think it would need to be tied to clicking some kind of "browse mode" to prevent accidents. Just like, at the moment you have to click into our preset browser once to start navigating with cursor keys.

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:53 am
Benutzername wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Imagine there were buttons on a MIDI control surface which control previous/next preset in our plug-ins. That control surface would also be used for a lot of other devices, both real and virtual.

So while the UI is closed, you could browse presets with absolutely no visual feedback. You could record those preset changes in your projects, and when you loop the region, it would switch to the next preset with each iteration. Any of this could easily happen accidentally without the user's notice.

This sounds like an absolute support nightmare. You'd find threads in this forum by people who set up the functionality and then ending up blaming us for badly coded software. And this is not a hypothetical issue. We have been there with MIDI Learn before.

We would have to restrict this to instances which have the UI open. Like NKS Komplete Kontrol software, preset browsing from hardware would be tied to an on-screen experience. I even think it would need to be tied to clicking some kind of "browse mode" to prevent accidents. Just like, at the moment you have to click into our preset browser once to start navigating with cursor keys.
Some time ago i proposed something like an "Advanced MIDI Control Mode", which would be disabled by default. That should avoid issues like this and give more freedom/possibilities to other people.

Is controlling the mod matrix and fx on/off possible using NKS controllers? I don't have such a device and can't check that myself.

Return to “u-he”