Anyone using Breaktweaker and Stutter Edit?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just tried the demo for both for half an hour. Glad I did, but I have no use for either. Still good to be sure before such a deal ends. I tried MRhythmizer before and if I'm better off waiting for the next round of sales for that one. I got some useful results with it almost immediately. Stutter Edit reminds me more of The Finger, which I also never fire up and Break Tweaker seems more of a special use thing than a proper drum machine. I may pick up Geist or Stix at some point for a step sequencer to compliment Reaper as I'm not crazy about always running Renoise in Rewire mode.

They're on both sale again for $49.

Does the Breaktweaker have per step automation/Elektron parameter locks?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I think people get bogged down looking at Breaktweaker’s wacky (though sometimes fun and useful) sequencer and don’t spend much time with it as a dedicated drum synth. I quite like using it just for making drum sounds that are blends of samples and synthesis.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

v1o wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:29 am They're on both sale again for $49.

Does the Breaktweaker have per step automation/Elektron parameter locks?
Not really... but kind of. It has a way of applying rhythmic effects to a step that can be some really glitchy sub division madness. Hard to explain, you should watch some tutorials. Not like Elektron P Locks, but cool. I imagine that you could do something more Elektronesque just using your DAW’s automation.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Stutter Edit is really awesome if you use it judiciously.
Forget about the presets, take a few minutes to browse the manual, and start from scratch.
When you use just a few modules here and there it becomes a super powerful and great sounding multi-effect.
If you just bang away on the presets, it can be fun, but it very quickly becomes sensory overload and ultimately everything starts to sound the same (there's a point where chaos just collapses right back down to predictability).
Though it can be a nice sugar rush to go crazy with it, you will probably not be nearly as happy with the result when you play it back the next morning.
Simplicity is key with this tool.

On a side note, it's too bad that they always bundle Stutter Edit with Break Tweaker when they do these deals because I'd love to get Break Tweaker for a good price but I already own Stutter Edit.

tylerdedera wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:49 pm Is anyone able to to get Stutter Edit to work as a midi controlled fx instrument on High Sierra? It shows up as an effect, but doesn't exist to control through midi. I've searched the web and have seen a lot of similar unsolved issues with SE on High Sierra that remain unsolved. Anybody else on HS experience this?
I had the same issue (can't remember if it was HS or Mojave). I emailed iZotope and they gave me a link to an updated installer that resolves the issue. Why on earth they don't make this the default Mac version is beyond me.

onerob wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:52 pm
tylerdedera wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:49 pm Is anyone able to to get Stutter Edit to work as a midi controlled fx instrument on High Sierra? It shows up as an effect, but doesn't exist to control through midi. I've searched the web and have seen a lot of similar unsolved issues with SE on High Sierra that remain unsolved. Anybody else on HS experience this?
I had the same issue (can't remember if it was HS or Mojave). I emailed iZotope and they gave me a link to an updated installer that resolves the issue. Why on earth they don't make this the default Mac version is beyond me.
But why is this an issue at all with Mac OS!
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

The problem was that some setting/flag was not enabled in the plugin which meant it didn't appear in the correct menu within Logic. I wouldn't say it was a MacOS issue exactly.

I wonder if there is any other plans for these two. They seem to be BT plugins rather than Izotope. They are certainly fun to use.

StutterEdit needs to be updated. It seems to me like it's been mildly abandoned. Or maybe I missed an update...been avoiding my iZoptope plugins recently d/t the constant nag-marketing for upgrades, etc.

Local Man wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:39 am Stutter Edit is really awesome if you use it judiciously.
Amen!

Bought it a few days ago and i have to say it's an awesome tool for build-ups and stuff :hyper: The UI could be larger but it's still okay. Let's hope for a major update with a larger interface.

audiot wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:02 pm
Local Man wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:39 am Stutter Edit is really awesome if you use it judiciously.
Amen!

Bought it a few days ago and i have to say it's an awesome tool for build-ups and stuff :hyper: The UI could be larger but it's still okay. Let's hope for a major update with a larger interface.
read somewhere else on the forum in another thread about breaktweeker and stutter edit that they are both "End of Life" and will not be developed further. i'd link the thread if i had time to look for it.. but pretty sure it's abandonware and that's why they always go on sale for $49.

dayjob wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm
audiot wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:02 pm
Amen!

read somewhere else on the forum in another thread about breaktweeker and stutter edit that they are both "End of Life" and will not be developed further. i'd link the thread if i had time to look for it.. but pretty sure it's abandonware and that's why they always go on sale for $49.
That would be sad :( I also own CableGuys ShaperBox and the Sugar Bundle (Artillery, Turnado, Effectrix, Looperator) and I have to say that BreakTweaker felt intuitive from the first moment. It felt intuitive in a way i've never experienced before. You feel that Stutter Edit was designed by a musician :clap:

I try to stay positive! It works, it sounds great and the UI is okay ... it's not unusable as the Korg Collection or Steinbergs PadShop :dog:

i use booth...but i dont found any improvemnt suggestion site...seems that goes straight to the support?
- i want "tempo sync" optional always activated.

i like booth tools, also that breaktweaker can use my own samples...great

okay seems like its just dead...sadly:

What i want to see in the next update XD...if there come an update...i mean iZotope is just huge...
  • Edit Envelope Amount on Knobs - can we please use the small colloured blocks to edit the Amount, not the small Stripes around the Knobs?

Please let us the option to Sync Tempo always

Please let us an option to edit a pattern, while the Patterns are triggered/ is running,
    acutally we can´t because the pattern changes as it played.

Please add some more Effects

Return to “Instruments”