Reploid Factory - Metropolis [darker synth with a little retro feel]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally finished this song that I have been working on since literally forever. I appreciate all feedback.

http://youtu.be/stOQBJ23RU0

HQ d o w n l o a d:

http://soundcloud.com/reploidfactory/metropolis

Great mix! I find the solo synth a bit harsh, maybe a little bit less cutoff? At 3:06 it sounds super cool, I like the synth that comes in on the right side. Drums are great too! I would buy it.

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.625

Comments: Wow, I thought the loudness wars were over. Mix could probably come down a couple of db. Other than that, not bad. Solo synth is a bit harsh but not horribly so. I can live with it the way it is. Musically, fairly interesting. All in all, I liked it.

Thanks! Yes I agree. Trying to lower the cutoff a bit but it's difficult to find the sweet spot between not too harsh and not too dull. I agree that this one is too harsh on the ears (at least on many sound systems). I think I will change to an updated version, if it turns out better.

I like the synth sounds; nothing seems too harsh for me, I like the differentiation you got between the tones. I was wondering what you were going for with the track; I listen to guitar-dominant music, and am curious whether you were communicating something or it was more of an exercise or even just trying out some tech.

I liked the percussion but over-all it seemed sort of noisy and musically lacking interest. Nice driving beat though.

Maybe it’s just that style of music and me. :ud:

Thank you guys! Not perfectly happy with this mix but I felt I had to finish this song in order to be able to move to something new.

I took off some high frequencys of the solo synth after your first post since I agreed it was too harsh.

My favorite point in the song is the subtly climactic moment when the dissonant synth pad comes in towards the end and the notes change between the speakers. It kind of implies different voices even though it is just one instrument and I like that.

Once again thanks for your comments.

Return to “Music Cafe”