Winds of Spring [Synthwave, Instrumental]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

Posting a track here for a first time. This is another entry for Songwriting Competition and my trial to make more authentic 80's synthwave (still quite retrowave'ish I think). Any cunstructive feedback is highly apprecated.

https://soundcloud.com/vca089/winds-of-spring
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Its good. Nice uplifting track.
I'm not getting the bass thickness that I'd like. At least not in my headphones (which I am obliged to wear tonight). Anyone else got a comment on the bass?
My other comments are in terms of energy change. 0:58 to 2:40 its about the same energy and same feel to it. Thats a long time. I like the bass at 3:20.
I think between 0:58 and 2:40 you could trim some of that fat off. That might bring the whole song to under 4 mins, which is a better time for this track I feel.
@3:37 Nice lead melody.
Why not at 3:37 transpose it up a key, do something different at that point?
Just suggestions ... overall I thought it was uplifting and a decent track.

IMO the mix has too much high frequencies. It's a bit stressful to listen to. Maybe the bass comes out better when there is more EQing on the high freqs. Style wise it's too happy sounding for my taste, but that's a matter of taste ;) . It's done well, no question.

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.375

Comments: Nice intro. Like the way it morphs into the main part of the song. Good mix. Decent melody. Well done. :tu:

Thanks for your feedback and listening. Still trying to make good balance in my music but failing because of free time and motivation luck.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Return to “Music Cafe”