Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Psuper wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:27 pm
Boy Wonder wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:00 am Oh man. I can't WAIT till the day devs say, "You know what? Let's place all our presets in one place in Windows (Documents). Right now, it's ridiculous, the amount of steps you have to go through to find and add to them, whether its ProgramData, name/AppData/Roaming, name/AppData/Local, Documents, or wherever.
Professional audio application developers are the worst, no lie. So few follow standards, even though these standards have been clearly defined for over 20 years (install routines, save locations, modding, etc). I don't care how 'great' the audio app is, these days if it doesn't have at least some semblance of standards professionalism in the install routine it gets immediately uninstalled. I've made a few exceptions in the past, however recently I make no exceptions: there's simply too much competition in every area that can be made to do the same thing.

Final note -- there's a special place in hell for those developers who force install routines to only install on the root drive. These guys should be fired immediately, no exceptions (Reason Studios among others, I'm looking at you).
I had a looksee at the new KrishnaSynth demo. I wanted to move the presets/movies to an external drive to save space on my C drive, but for the life of me, I couldn't find the folder. Eventually, there it was - in the Music folder. ??? They're the ONLY company I ever saw drop their presets there. Anyway, I deleted Krishna because those old, gnarly, untamable sounds weren't cutting it for the music I currently do anyway.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:35 pm
Psuper wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:27 pm
Boy Wonder wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:00 am Oh man. I can't WAIT till the day devs say, "You know what? Let's place all our presets in one place in Windows (Documents). Right now, it's ridiculous, the amount of steps you have to go through to find and add to them, whether its ProgramData, name/AppData/Roaming, name/AppData/Local, Documents, or wherever.
Professional audio application developers are the worst, no lie. So few follow standards, even though these standards have been clearly defined for over 20 years (install routines, save locations, modding, etc). I don't care how 'great' the audio app is, these days if it doesn't have at least some semblance of standards professionalism in the install routine it gets immediately uninstalled. I've made a few exceptions in the past, however recently I make no exceptions: there's simply too much competition in every area that can be made to do the same thing.

Final note -- there's a special place in hell for those developers who force install routines to only install on the root drive. These guys should be fired immediately, no exceptions (Reason Studios among others, I'm looking at you).
I had a looksee at the new KrishnaSynth demo. I wanted to move the presets/movies to an external drive to save space on my C drive, but for the life of me, I couldn't find the folder. Eventually, there it was - in the Music folder. ??? They're the ONLY company I ever saw drop their presets there. Anyway, I deleted Krishna because those old, gnarly, untamable sounds weren't cutting it for the music I currently do anyway.
There are always those out there who will say "Just make a symbolic link". Which is true, and works primarily for core installs only, but will often cause problems when the app is looking for other areas it forced the presets/sounds/etc on if they deviate.

Instead of making symbolic links, I find it easier to uninstall the trash off my system than force it to be there.
Have you tried Vital?

Seems like I keep running into issues with this synth that keep me from being able to use it in any serious productions...

Set up the following:

-Simple Saw
-LP12 (set Drive to 75% and Cutoff to 20.0Hz)
-Load up an ADSR and run it to the LP12's Cutoff.
-Set up the ADSR: Amp 100%, Attack off, Decay 0.100, Sustain 0.250, Release 0.100
-Set Voices to "Legato", and Legato (length): to around 35%, Time off... and Mod on.

Playing a bunch of Legato notes in a row will result in the Filter fully closing, based on the ADSR's release rate... regardless of the fact that you are still playing legato and/or holding down a note.

Turn up the release rate on the ADSR to maximum, play a bunch more legato notes... and you will see the Filters cutoff fully closing (slowly) at the new release rate, instead of just holding steady at the ADSR's sustain setting.

Clearly a bug (or just really crappy programming...).

I'd leave unfilteredaudio a bug report somewhere, but their Support form states that it's only for "iOS, Reaktor, or Rack Extension support specifically"... so that's no help. I'll try PA's support, but that's never really ever helped either... :dog:

Return to “Instruments”