For those of you with an interest in using Linnstrument to control hardware

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am very interested in either a Peak or OB-6/Prophet-6 with MPE implementation, so I emailed both Novation and Sequential:

Novation:
"Peak does not support MPE. We have a case open with our developers for them to consider adding it in a future update. I'll let you know if we have any news on this."

Sequential:
"I expect that at some point we'll get around to implementing MPE in some products, but I can't tell you anything more definitive than that."

Unfortunately hardware synths are far behind software synths in innovation. But if they support poly pressure, that’s most of MPE unless you need to do poly pitch bends, which aren’t used in most musical styles.
I have an FAQ about this on the LinnStrument FAQ page, “General” tab: “ Are MPE-compatible synths necessary for use with LinnStrument?”

Still: sigh.

Seconded: sigh.

Thirded: buying a Hydrasynth asap.
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

The Hydrasynth is still buggy when using MPE unfortunately.

It is a Nice synth though.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Roger_Linn wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:18 pm (...) unless you need to do poly pitch bends, which aren’t used in most musical styles.
(...)
Hi Roger, thanks for pitching in.
I come from playing guitar and I cannot accept not being able to do poly pitch bends.

For the moment I will stick to software for polysynths.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”