Metal Track - The Shadows

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This track is largely instrumental, but does have some vocals. I'm not sure what I would compare it to, but hopefully it's of some interest to someone here.

https://soundcloud.com/user-775157753/the-shadows

Any feedback appreciated.

There are some good movements and good chord progressions in there.
For me the drums sounds too sterile probably because they are programmed.
The vocals sound is not good at all to my ears.
The lead parts I would take out or rework. Also the lead sound has something I don't like but that's just me.

Great stuff though some strong moments !
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding your vocal comment, are you referring to the vocal style, the performance or the way they are recorded/processed? They are made to sound lo-fi.

They lead parts are what they are and for what it's worth I'm happy with them. Maybe it's stylistic choice or maybe they're just crap.

Excellent work. Sounds heavy and makes my spine ache, just like this kind of music always does to me.

Sounds cool, but maybe make the bass a tiny bit more dominant?

It sounds like a good Metal tune.

Maybe the vocal could be slightly more out front with less verb.

Those vocals are wicked! +1 for bringing them up in the mix. Not sure why you didn't put more lyrics down. I like the bass level, but maybe BassRider as an option to get more of the runs to the front. Nice track!

Thanks for all the comments.

I'm going to check out Bass Rider on the weekend. I've never felt the need for it before, but I can see where it could be helpful here. It'd be nice to buy something to fill a need rather than a want.

Cool track. The last part has a serious Meshuggah influence

Not bad. Doesn't sound bright enough to me, but then I do have cauliflowers for ears.
The vocal style is why I rarely listen to metal these days - all that growling, shouting, even the women! :( But if you must, like the others say, it should be more upfront.

I like this track! Sounds raw. I would keep it a bit more simple and straightforward, it's almost to proggy towards the end for my taste (and that style). Vocals are fine. What are your influences?

The Shadows were a very polite Band. Therefore I'm not too sure about the song title.
Doesn't sound particularly 'metal' to me. Sabbath were metal. More power-trio or something with ''metal'' and/or ''post-punk'' elements.
Good lively sound.
The Drums do not sound sterile to me.
Vocals. Sounds like you're trying to be Marilyn Manson. I don't know what you're screaming about and Frankly, Mr. Shankly I don't care.
I'm not into it but that's just a taste thing.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

lilith93 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:56 pm I like this track! Sounds raw. I would keep it a bit more simple and straightforward, it's almost to proggy towards the end for my taste (and that style). Vocals are fine. What are your influences?
Thanks for the feedback.

I take proggy as a compliment. I don't think it fits firmly into a particular genre and that's okay by me.

As for my influences, some of which you may or may not hear in my music:
Enslaved, Solstafir, Rush, Alcest, Lacrimosa, Sektemtum, Subterranean Masquerade, Ulver, Devin Townsend, Deceased, The Mountain Goats, King's X, Rage, Satyricon, Sivyj Yar, RUR and the list goes on..

Shangsean wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:28 pm
lilith93 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:56 pm I like this track! Sounds raw. I would keep it a bit more simple and straightforward, it's almost to proggy towards the end for my taste (and that style). Vocals are fine. What are your influences?
Thanks for the feedback.

I take proggy as a compliment. I don't think it fits firmly into a particular genre and that's okay by me.

As for my influences, some of which you may or may not hear in my music:
Enslaved, Solstafir, Rush, Alcest, Lacrimosa, Sektemtum, Subterranean Masquerade, Ulver, Devin Townsend, Deceased, The Mountain Goats, King's X, Rage, Satyricon, Sivyj Yar, RUR and the list goes on..
That's funny. You wouldn't believe that the first thing that came into my mind was ENSLAVED.

Shangsean wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:52 pm Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding your vocal comment, are you referring to the vocal style, the performance or the way they are recorded/processed? They are made to sound lo-fi.

They lead parts are what they are and for what it's worth I'm happy with them. Maybe it's stylistic choice or maybe they're just crap.

It's the sound of the vocal I did'nt like but like you said you went for lo-fi so it's a artistic choice can't argue with that.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Return to “Music Cafe”