Is it possible not to laugh when someone says calls them self a "producer"?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has a controlled experiment been done to see if a human can avoid a chuckle?

Whats the Problem with that my guy?
You lost me here...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

well, i can at least assure you "it is possible not to laugh, when someone asks if its possible not to laugh, when someone calls themselves a producer".

oy
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:o I laugh when I call myself a producer!! :lol: at least I dont take myself too seriously and some sense of humour... then I quickly correct my title to composer and Magician... erm Musician :oops:

it's not impossible, but i do it anyway

I always think of Smiley Culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTHgj5_RfGo

so, what do you do?

im a producer.

hahahahaha!!!

whats so funny? disney pay me a huge amount of money to produce their films.

oh :(

With me it totally depends on context. For instance, if someone claims authority on some matter of equipment choice based on their status as a producer, yeah, I'll probably laugh. But if they say it unpretentiously, I'll probably just say "oh", or "cool" if im in a good mood.

Well, if you produce something, you are producer? Something is being made by you, the producer. Unless i'm getting this meaning wrong.

Since this is a music related forum, a music producer is supposedly like being a film director.

I'm guessing the OP is suggesting self-proclaimed music producers have a high quotient of posers?

im-projecting.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't laugh but often eye roll.

If you're like George Martin or Dan Lanois, you're a producer.
If you're writing and recording demo tracks to take to a studio for production, you're a songwriter/composer in need of a producer.
If you're making banging beats on fruity loops to wow your mum, producer you ain't, not yet.

Yeah, I don't get it. That's how I describe myself. Rather than "multi-instrumentalist, singer and sound-engineer", it's easier to just say "producer". :shrug:

On a side-note. I personally passionately hate all the terms millennials use these days; Content creator, influencer, and maker. I hate it when younger people refer to my "songs" as "content"... all those cringy terms just make me think of some attention desperate 20 year (male or female of course) old putting out make-up tutorials shot (badly) and edited (badly) on an i-phone... GET OFF MY LAWN!!! :x :lol:
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Fri May 03, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It depends who I’m talking to. If their name is Alan Parsons or Trevor Horn, I probably wouldn’t laugh.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”