Is it possible not to laugh when someone says calls them self a "producer"?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the circle says to the square

"are we both not shapes with more in common than divides us?"

the square replies

"can you do this?"
and stabs the circle in the eye with one of his corners.

don't be a square!

debra1rlo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:50 pm Is it possible not to laugh when someone on KVR starts one of these inane threads with serious intent?
We already know the answer. ;)
Well, I sometimes start threads just to have the conversation. You know, I'm partly trying to find something out... and I'm partly looking for entertainment. :hihi:

yehboy1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:40 pm
debra1rlo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:50 pm Is it possible not to laugh when someone on KVR starts one of these inane threads with serious intent?
We already know the answer. ;)
How dare you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygvhYE5veKU

Lets just create another collective paranoia.. why would anyone care if someone calls themselves producer or dj or whatever? is that supposed to be a problem?

I'm a Producer ........ Producer of shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .......... . it ......

Lusamars wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:08 am Collective Paranoia
that's a fiendish band name

-stoner rock I hear

an-electric-heart wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:03 pm
rp314 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:40 pm Producer? Isn't the new term to use to show how im-poh-tent we truly are Influencer? :P :ud:
For sure, I said that at the top of this conversation. I hate the more recent terms; "Content Creator, Maker and Influencer".

HAAAAAATE THEEEM!!! :x
It was an unintended form of plagiarism borne purely out of my usual laziness. :hihi:

And now that you mention it I seem to have noticed that it has become somewhat common for producers of tv shows to be referred to as the creator of such and such a series. Zero Mostel would have none of that! :P

rp314 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:41 am
rp314 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:40 pm Producer? Isn't the new term to use to show how im-poh-tent we truly are Influencer? :P :ud:
For sure, I said that at the top of this conversation. I hate the more recent terms; "Content Creator, Maker and Influencer".

It was an unintended form of plagiarism borne purely out of my usual laziness. :hihi:

And now that you mention it I seem to have noticed that it has become somewhat common for producers of tv shows to be referred to as the creator of such and such a series. Zero Mostel would have none of that! :P
As far as I can tell, the definitions of the terms I mentioned above are as follows;

Content Creator = Someone who live-streams themselves playing video games, or someone who 'vlogs (videos themselves talking and posts it on Youtube)'

Influencer = A girl who photographs her butt, then posts it on Insagram.

Maker = A millenial who can actually make something; Pottery, jewellery... can't think of anything else.

It annoys me that kids are videoing themselves with an iphone offering an uneducated opinion, desperately hoping someone pays attention to them... and they give themselves a pretentious title like "content creator". :x

an-electric-heart wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:50 am
rp314 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:41 am

As far as I can tell, the definitions of the terms I mentioned above are as follows;

Content Creator = Someone who live-streams themselves playing video games, or someone who 'vlogs (videos themselves talking and posts it on Youtube)'

Influencer = A girl who photographs her butt, then posts it on Insagram.

Maker = A millenial who can actually make something; Pottery, jewellery... can't think of anything else.

These are correct. Influencers are always girls btw, I know, I've tried posting pictures of my butt and it really didn't have much of an effect on, well, anything really. I even tried using a really long exposure while farting, nobody cared.

nix808 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:32 am
Lusamars wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:08 am Collective Paranoia
that's a fiendish band name

-stoner rock I hear

Sorry, but "stoner rock"?

Puh-lease!

"Collective Paranoia" definitely has an early eighties hardcore punk vibe to it.

I don't just think this. I know it. I know because I totally hang out with Lester Bangs, and he agrees with me.

Lester Bangs=Q.E.D.=Mic drop

It is known.

For all of us producers suffering from beat-block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Jknv9F0tg

For all of us producers suffering from DAW-block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLfgrFrmeIc

Passing Bye wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:52 pm For all of us producers suffering from DAW-block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLfgrFrmeIc
Have you watched it with subtitles? :lol: :lol:

"Make the obese today stop making that money" - Door Turbos

Bringing this thread back to serious and on topic (NSFW language):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5fQqH5Natw

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”