Render to a file, and nothing!!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I´m trying to output a final mix to a *.wav, or MP3 file, but nothing appears in the final file, and in the render window, I can´t see the "waveform" appearing while rendering, I did everything I can imaging, like selecting all the tracks, or setting the markers at the beggining and ending of the tracks.... nothing! can anyone help?

Make sure nothing is selected before you enter the render menu. Just press the ESC key before you open the menu.
Also make sure the tracks you want to hear isn't muted.

Ok, nothing selected, and any tracks mutted, as a matter of fact, I can play the whole project and hear it fine, but nothing comes out in the file rendered, no matter what format I choose....

Do you get the Render window? Make a note of the default file name and see if you can get to it with Windows Explorer. Also make sure the project selected on the Projects page is the one you're rendering.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

yes, I get the Render window, as I mentioned, I can see the line showing the rrender progress, but it´s flat, no little "waveform" writing, and in the default destination folder, the file is there, and it has "size", it means that has "something" right? for example, the wave file it´s about 45 MB, but has no audio if I play it... i even opened it with Abobe Audition, and theres nothing in the track, really weird!

That is odd. Have you tried doing the same with other projects? All I can think is that some of the settings are causing it. I'll try a few different settings to see if I can get similar. Does your project have both MIDI and audio tracks?

... I've tried a few things. The only one that left me with a flat line was to highlight an empty track and set the parameters badly. Clearly you're not doing that.

A screen print might help, but given that you've tried everything it might not.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

...I have both midi and audio tracks, and I’ll try with other projects to see what happens...

Return to “Tracktion”