New Waves Update Plan Terms

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man waves just seems to get worse and worse. And it's bad news for them since IMO there are a lot of companies now that do emulations as well as them or better. UAD and Brainworx for sure, but also a bunch of smaller companies.

Razzia wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:04 pm Man waves just seems to get worse and worse. And it's bad news for them since IMO there are a lot of companies now that do emulations as well as them or better. UAD and Brainworx for sure, but also a bunch of smaller companies.
Waves are a standard in the pro audio industry, the same way Pro Tools is. They're not going away anytime soon.

Razzia wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:04 pm Man waves just seems to get worse and worse. And it's bad news for them since IMO there are a lot of companies now that do emulations as well as them or better. UAD and Brainworx for sure, but also a bunch of smaller companies.
Honestly, I don't understand how you can say that. All I see is them releasing new, useful products while boosting performance patching bugs of their older ones. In any other universe this would be considered "better". In what universe can you consider it considered to be "worse"?!?!

I'm not understanding your statement, it doesn't really compute. Their tech is not without issues, but no tech ever is. Perhaps there is more information you share to qualify what "worse" actually means. I'm sure there has to be some context to it.

simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:23 pm
Honestly, I don't understand how you can say that. All I see is them releasing new, useful products while boosting performance patching bugs of their older ones. That, by any definition would be considered making something "better". In what universe could you consider it considered to be "worse"?!?

I'm not understanding your statement, it doesn't really compute. Their tech is not without issues, but no tech ever is. Perhaps there is more information you share to qualify what "worse" actually means. I'm sure there has to be some context to it.

Honestly, I don't understand how you can say that. All I see is them releasing new, useful products while boosting performance patching bugs of their older ones. In any other universe this would be considered "better". In what universe can you consider it considered to be "worse"?!?!

That’s an old comment, but without re-reading the thread for context I’m pretty sure I was talking about their policies and treatment of customers. Seems shitty and underhanded to keep people paying for things they already bought and discourage second hand markets. I guess no one would be complaining if everyone did it, but they don’t, and there are so many companies who have caught up or surpassed waves in terms of sound quality. So I just don’t see a reason to buy anything from them anymore

Shitty and underhanded here. Between their bullshit "new" releases stuff and their support they are in the "f u" class. I can't get my old licences to work and they won't help me. Seems crap to me.

I think we can add WDS (Waves Derangement Syndrome) to the list of modern mental disorders.
Last edited by robotmonkey on Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No signature here!

One thing I see a lot is the statement that you don't have to upgrade. The problem with that is the issues I have with Waves stem from the painful issues I've have installing plugins with current WUP alongside those without. Regardless of what others are experiencing it has been painful for me and is the reason why my Gold bundle and many other products are currently not on this PC. I just can't be bothered going through the FUBAR installation procss I dealt with last time.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I have 1 V9 license that was a freebie from them a while ago, Maxxvolume, if that stops working, I won't be broken up over it, but the V10 ones I would be, would require a lot of WUP purchases. But I am hoping that the V10 will keep going for a number of years, and any GUI improvements (unlike the horrible Ren GUI "improvements") would be nice.

But I am happy to continue using and buying Waves plugins, as I've grown to love them, they are really good, they are reliable and they do work as I want.

I'm disliking Plugin Alliance more and more than waves tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:45 am But I am happy to continue using and buying Waves plugins, as I've grown to love them, they are really good, they are reliable and they do work as I want.
Same. :tu: This year, I completed my Waves wishlist and now have all the Waves plugins I ever wanted, that too, at their best prices and on V11. I am done with Waves until they release something really special.

No matter how they change their prices and how often, at the end of the day, I am happy to get good quality audio plugins at a great price. :)

[double]

+1
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:23 am Shitty and underhanded here. Between their bullshit "new" releases stuff and their support they are in the "f u" class. I can't get my old licences to work and they won't help me. Seems crap to me.
All my old licences work. Have you downloaded the legacy installer?

Razzia wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:05 pm

That’s an old comment, but without re-reading the thread for context I’m pretty sure I was talking about their policies and treatment of customers. Seems shitty and underhanded to keep people paying for things they already bought and discourage second hand markets. I guess no one would be complaining if everyone did it, but they don’t, and there are so many companies who have caught up or surpassed waves in terms of sound quality. So I just don’t see a reason to buy anything from them anymore
Well really there Tech Support is usually quite timely and help people resolve their issues fast.

In terms of the secondhand market, my guess I waves wants to avoid people snatching up plugins and bundles while on sale and selling it again to make a profit. It's a hole they wanted to plug up in my understanding.

When peopler buying a new version they are paying for next few years of updates. No dev can afford to do that for free. They all charge. I can't honestly see Waves as a villain in this piece, not when you put it all into context.

In fact I think 90% of disgruntled with any dev is often a result of users taking moments or events and view them out of context. Then there are moments where their concerns are quite apt.

Return to “Effects”