MXXX latency even with Bypass on?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First, Im new user of MXXX (and in this forum) and Im totally loving how it helps me improve sound of my music! Well done guys!!

As Im learning it I noticed that one MXXX preset ("Mastering Chain") produces 528ms of latency which is understandable (I think??) as it is using EQ LP and Spectral Dynamics. But what surprised me, and what Im asking about here, is that the latency does NOT go away even when I bypass it. Here is what I tried but latency still stays:
* bypass whole preset in MXXX
* bypass EQ LP and Spectral Dynamics
* disable MXXX VST in Ableton Live

What makes latency go away instantly is:
* switching to "B" preset selector (which is empty) in MXXX
* deleting EQ LP and Spectral Dynamics from modular flow

Is this expected behaviour? I would think that disabling the VST in my DAW should ultimately remove the latency, no?

Also, is this right forum to ask "support" questions?

Thanks very much for any comments!
-David
mbp.13.2017 | 2.5GHz.i7 | 16gig.ram | 512ssd | osx10.14.6 | live10.1.1 | maschine mk3

...a plugin reports the value of its current pcd state to the daw independent of its processing state. This allows the user the option of switching the plugin on/off during playback without disrupting the playback flow. ie. "Smart Bypass" As long as the plugin is loaded/instantiated its pdc is reported. Some daw's can disable a plugin without removing it. (whole other issue)

Yes, this is the place to ask questions. As many as you can think of. And please add your system spec's to your sig. You will much more specific/detailed answers that way...hth..../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Worth noting that you can turn smart bypass on or off. So you will be able to bypass and there will be no latency.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

ahhh...that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Just out of curiosity: where can I switch "smart bypass" on and off? is it DAW feature? Im Live user.
mbp.13.2017 | 2.5GHz.i7 | 16gig.ram | 512ssd | osx10.14.6 | live10.1.1 | maschine mk3

It is a Melda feature. In MXXX, in the modular, you can see any modules you have placed there. Right click on one of these and you will get a pop up, where you can turn smart bypass on/off.
This is how to do it per module, which I would recommend, as then you only have to turn it off from modules that cause latency. It does more than just compensate latent, so it is worth keeping it on where possible.
But if you need, I think I remember there is a global option in the settings menu.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Thanks!

Return to “MeldaProduction”