SynthMaster 2.9.9

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bump

Is the 2.9.9 update coming this year?

I really wish they would fix the bugs now and keep that separate from the update, given that is taking forever

parnarules wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:29 pm Beta coming in a few days https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=1263198487390261&_rdr
How did they capture that promo video because it is really bad quality !

Maybe they were going for a retro vibe ?

SynthMaster 2 is a great sounding synth but they have always had a problem with their graphics :wink:
No auto tune...

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:05 pm I really wish they would fix the bugs now and keep that separate from the update, given that is taking forever
+1

the mobile facebook link is what has the video issues.

https://www.facebook.com/synthmastersof ... 8487390261

that one is fine.
rsp
sound sculptist

l33t4e wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:51 pm Is the 2.9.9 update coming this year?
I haven't announced the beta here yet, although there's a version sitting on the user area :wink: I will have one more update before announcing here in detail.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:41 am SynthMaster 2 is a great sounding synth but they have always had a problem with their graphics :wink:
I'm sorry but I don't agree with that, especially after our 2.9.9 update.
Works at KV331 Audio

So excitedly I went to and downloaded 2.9.9.
Installed it on my mac and immediately my default preset (BT Glowflies) sounded strange...
So I went to my pc which still had 2.9.8 and yep it sounded like it normally sounds.

Also and I emailed you, removing one instance from Cubase on mac immediately crash mac, I sent you the crash log.

Hopefully what you still have to fix is whatever is causing glowflies to sound so different in 2.9.9 vs 2.9.8.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1skxbis1c4fac ... 9.mp3?dl=0

vs. 2.9.8
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r7o3hpd1yi0a ... 8.mp3?dl=0

rsp
sound sculptist

Richard, I believe your default preset changed. That's the sweet dreams preset.
Works at KV331 Audio

But I switched it to another preset and switched it back and it sounds the same as the 2.9.9 clip above.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:02 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:41 am SynthMaster 2 is a great sounding synth but they have always had a problem with their graphics :wink:
I'm sorry but I don't agree with that, especially after our 2.9.9 update.
Bulyent, firstly I would like to congratulate you. The visual feedback on the modulations and animations are very good now! :clap:

However, I would still prefer if we have less of drop-downs and more of tabs like the ones we already have. For example, the way we currently have tabs for OSC, MODs and Filters, if we could have those for the LFO 1/2/3/4, ,MSEG 1/2/3/4 etc. too, it would be easier and faster for most people to access and assign those quickly.

I tried a quick mockup to explain what I meant (please excuse my sloppy execution :dog: )
SM 2.9 Mod Mockup.png
If you take take the examples from the current GUI of some modern soft synths, you would find this approach. I'm not sure how hard this is to implement, but in my opinion this will make accessing the modulation sources a single click instead of using a drop downs and 2 clicks each time.

Since the UI does have some free real estate, it would make sense in the current times to do away with drop down as much as possible. Hope it makes sense :) Keep up the great work, you guys are awesome! :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just tried 2.9.9 beta and even though the visuals are really nice some things have not changed unfortunately...

Still getting random crashes (Reaper, latest version) same as with 2.9.8 and Synthmaster One.

Not just that but also new bugs that I have not encountered before...e.g. Not being able to save presets: any time I click "save preset as" nothing happens...

I always send crash reports to kv331 but whenever I contacted support, I always got the same response ("clean reinstall") which did not help solve them.

I use Waldorf Largo, Surge, AIR/Gforce synths, OP-X-Pro II, FM8, Dexed, Korg Wavestation/M1...some of these haven't had updates in years and I never get crashes using any of them. Also, I own effects by different companies: Relab, PA, Cytomic, DMG, Exponential Audio, Soundtoys, Tokyo Dawn...and don't have issues with any of them either.

To be honest, I love the sound of Synthmaster 2 and ONE as well as the vast possibilities and I am aware that the price/quality ratio is very good, but these bugs are extremely frustrating and make me stop using them.

I would prefer that all the bugs got fixed instead of fancy new features, and I know I am not alone on this boat.

You are not alone.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “KV331 Audio”