Polyverse Music - Comet Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Comet

XComposer wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:37 pm It's a good reverb for sure, very well made in its kind, with a nice feature allowing to transform practically any sound into a sort of pad. Mainly a "special effects" reverb, in some ways like B2 or Blackhole (almost half-way between the two). It's worth buying if you don't have those ones, otherwise I suggest to buy it only when the price is sensibly reduced (I, too, bought it during a very cheap sale).
It’s definitely worth $29!

I like the way it’s automatable smoothly and also being able to clear the buffer so you can use long delays that don’t get too crowded is cool too.

For most of my reverb needs, I just use chromaverb which is a stock logic ‘verb. I don’t tend to use any of the reverbs I actually paid for much :-/

But those features in comet make it useful for fx and sound design. So far I’m very happy with it.

Modulating the size a tiny amount every now and then via automation gives a nice effect. Very smooth and kind of like a hi-fi version of tape wow and flutter. Really good for making things sound uneasy :-)

Never heard of this reverb before, going to check it

DCrown wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:44 pm Never heard of this reverb before, going to check it
You will probably end up buying it whilst it is on sale for $29. ;)

The Comet sale for $29 ended; it only lasted one day.

(I finally got it. :D)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:35 am
DCrown wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:44 pm Never heard of this reverb before, going to check it
I am rather curious about Albedo granular reverb, am going to test it, Polyverse, well, sometimes you are just not attracted to a dev....

dammit missed it again

DCrown wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:31 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:35 am
I am rather curious about Albedo granular reverb, am going to test it, Polyverse, well, sometimes you are just not attracted to a dev....
Okay, and since the sale is said to be over now, you may as well skip demoing Comet. It's nice, but I wouldn't have paid more than $29.

Return to “Effects”