Shreddage 3 Help? Everything has changed

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just upgraded to Shreddage 3 Jupiter... so everything is different? Is there a legacy mode, so I could play it the same way I've been playing Shreddage I and II?

1) Can we get an in-depth tutorial on how to use?

2) Is there a keyboard split? (ie, D2 and D3 on the piano roll would play 5th chords, and D5,6,7 would play single notes)

I'm bummed out. I was hoping to just load this bad boy up, and start shredding, but I can't even get simple sounds on it; can't even get notes to sustain. :neutral:

1) This video covers S3 Stratus, but the UI is 99% the same between Stratus and the other instruments, so it's a great place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOTUqTTQ8E

2) There is not, but if enough people want it, it's something we could potentially add. That feature caused a lot of maintainability trouble in S2 and I'm not sure how many people used it to begin with.

I'm surprised you're not able to get notes to sustain. Just play a note. It sustains as long as you hold the key! There's really no difference there between S3 and S2. We're always happy to help of course, but the fundamental functionality has not changed... just expanded.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thanks for your reply. I've watched this one (twice I think), but I'll check it again. I turned on Shreddage 3, and this time used the " "Lite" patch (not sure what the difference is), and I got the sustain; so there's one thing down. Now, as for the palm mutes, then tremolo... I make black / death metal. 175 - 200 bpm palm mutes, chord crunches, and tremolos are my standards, and Shreddage I was SO EASY to do these - just open piano roll, lay notes down, rearrange some octaves, then drag velocity lines up or down; all the way up was the tremolo. I never could get Shreddage II to work properly, it's too... "not easy". I'll try this out, see what I can do. Thank you again for your reply.

Lite patches have less round robins, hence lower RAM usage.

S3 is a totally different beast, TACT is really nice tho a little hard to get by in the beginning.
It is also flexible, more flexible, in ways S2 wasn't which again ... is more than nice!
The learning curve is a little more steep on S3 but once you've got the hang of it, everything gets smoother.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:39 am Lite patches have less round robins, hence lower RAM usage.
This is not correct. Lite patches simply have disabled TM Pro so all samples are DFD.

Right, that. Been a while since those patches were created, apologies :)

Yes, TACT is different but powerful...however if you can share a map preset as the legacy mode, with split chords/single notes will be awesome to do the transition. When Shreddage starts one of the things you exaltate was the lack of use keyswitches, really I found S1 and S2 so easy to program. I know, its difficult control so many articulation of the guitar, dont missundertand me, I really appreciate the updates...but something has happened...my best midi tracks using your guitar was with the original version of Shreddage 2...later some in the sound changes and gets a little bit difficult tweak to achieve my sound ironically having more options...sorry is just a personal taste and opinion, but now with the amazing S3 updates I feel the sound a little bit plastic...I dont know why

You don't have to use keyswitches - you can always map to velocity instead for example, so you can have mutes on low velocities and sustains on higher.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Dears
Im trying to reach virtual vintage guitar sound simillar with below
https://soundcloud.com/user-205253210/c ... tewqybNp8b
which vst product you recommend me to purchase?

S3 Stratus is probably going to get you closest, but that tone definitely also comes down to what amp/pedals you use, and a very vintage approach to mixing/EQ (probably using lots of vinyl/tape emulation)

zircon wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:54 pm 2) There is not, but if enough people want it, it's something we could potentially add. That feature caused a lot of maintainability trouble in S2 and I'm not sure how many people used it to begin with.
I used it too, this is one thing that prevents me from upgrading to shreddage 3
I'd like to split my keyboard between power chords and single notes.
This really helps if your workflow is more piano roll oriented as opposed to midi keyboard oriented

For me, using velocity splits is just as effective when using the piano roll, and that way all your pitches stay on the correct (same) note.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”