LiquidSonics Lustrous Plates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been demoing LP for a few days now and none of my other verbs add such nice dense colour to synths without becoming too apparent. Resistance is seemingly futile. :borg:

For the synth music I'm interested in, I find the opposite is true. My fave synths are drenched in verbs regardless of time period. For me it's all tail, and I feel like LP doesn't quite me make that excited over my pro IRS for reverberate classic

functionform wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 am For the synth music I'm interested in, I find the opposite is true. My fave synths are drenched in verbs regardless of time period. For me it's all tail, and I feel like LP doesn't quite me make that excited over my pro IRS for reverberate classic
Tail is also key for me...I use Black Hole, Seventh Heaven, and R2 for that. LP gives me a different option to quickly dial in some colour when I don't need tail. 8)

db3 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:41 am
functionform wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 am For the synth music I'm interested in, I find the opposite is true. My fave synths are drenched in verbs regardless of time period. For me it's all tail, and I feel like LP doesn't quite me make that excited over my pro IRS for reverberate classic
Tail is also key for me...I use Black Hole, Seventh Heaven, and R2 for that. LP gives me a different option to quickly dial in some colour when I don't need tail. 8)
You are quite limited, though, by the fact that the minimum decay time in Lustrous often sounds like a T-60 of about 1000ms - that's still a significant, and builds up quickly in a mix.

I'm just saying this because if someone is looking at Lustrous as a "small rooms" reverb, I think there are way better options for that specific purpose.

You can also put a compresson on LP (or any reverb) and get the tail longer a-la my demo below. :phones:

Liero wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:31 am You are quite limited, though, by the fact that the minimum decay time in Lustrous often sounds like a T-60 of about 1000ms - that's still a significant, and builds up quickly in a mix.

I'm just saying this because if someone is looking at Lustrous as a "small rooms" reverb, I think there are way better options for that specific purpose.
A quick note from the future - LP has had three more models added since the initial version, and these have much shorter minimum times (probably part of the reason for adding them), and they're better for short ambiences and other uses where you want extremely short tails.

Return to “Effects”