First note of loop missing

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think the problem here is that we apply a 10 sample fade to the start of looped regions to avoid any clicks.
However, this shouldn't get applied when rendering as you can't render a loop, it just uses the marked region to specify the start/end points.

I'm considering removing the fade-in though. If there are clicks at the start of audio files, you probably want to use the "edge fades" feature to remove them.

dRowAudio wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:19 am I think the problem here is that we apply a 10 sample fade to the start of looped regions to avoid any clicks.
However, this shouldn't get applied when rendering as you can't render a loop, it just uses the marked region to specify the start/end points.

I'm considering removing the fade-in though. If there are clicks at the start of audio files, you probably want to use the "edge fades" feature to remove them.
Thank you for clarification. It's good to know there is a reason for this functionality.
However, if I may be so bold, my vote goes definitely towards removing the above-mentioned fade in. Any clicks may be taken care of from the "edge fades" as you mentioned. Just as example, in Ableton Live this is a user defined option. We can decide to either have the short fades on every clip or not.

Hooray! A thousand times hooray. The issue is gone with the new beta update! After years. Many thanks to you, devs!
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

Old bug in many DAWs Ableton,Logic,Cubase,Studio One,Reaper etc included.The answer is very simple - you have to do a slip edit to a kick on first bar (like few ms) so it doesn't start at zero crossing of the sample render it and then copy over timeline (in your case waveform falls down right from the start - it need to have positive polarity or few ms of silence at least, if not it will cancel out with other instruments or loops in play). It's caused by technology itself - cpu must "think" some time to start audio engine.That latency creates that soft first kick effect. Delay it in timeline few ms , render and the effect is gone. If not put it into some kind of simple sampler.That's way around that flaw.

Return to “Tracktion”