Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a question: is there a way to make the post gain for each effect obey the effect bypass and/or the lane bypass?
At the moment, when I use the saturation module, crank up the gain, adjust mix and post gain, and then bypass the module, the post gain still works at the set level instead of reverting to unity. This makes it hard to A/B the effect. Furthermore, even though the module is bypassed, I can still use its post gain slider and set volume. Is this intended behavior?

By the way, loving the horizontal resizing!! Brilliant, makes it SO much more pleasant to work with!! Thanks so much!

Kind regards,

Psync

Hi Psync, enabling "True BYOME Bypass" in the options menu will give you the behavior that you want!

Wow, thank you for your quick response! Indeed, that's what I was looking for.

*Note to self, next time RT-entire-FM*

Kind regards,

Psync

Michael,

are you thinking about bringing the modulation section of BYOME presets into loading them in TRIAD?
IMO that is THE missing feature of the besides that really great TRIAD powerhorse plugin.

Regards,
tl.

Any 3rd party developers making Triad presets?.. I only see Byome and (one) Lion....

(Of course more presets from Unfiltered Audio would be great too.)

thelizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:26 pm They would be two completely different workflows, unfortunately. Brainworx uses their own GUI solution, and their GUIs are made of pre-rendered components. Essentially, to scale those, you need to re-render the components at each requested size. We're using JUCE, and our interfaces are drawn using vectors, so scaling is significantly easier. We just fight low-level crap like OpenGL, Windows HiDPI, multiple monitors, etc.

We're removing OpenGL entirely on everything prior to BYOME, and even then we're considering removing it from BYOME, Triad, and LION. It's already deprecated, and we've heard scattered reports of OpenGL being extremely unstable or unpredictable on the Catalina SDK. It would be one fewer wildcard. We need to do some more optimization along with testing on slower machines.

Anyway, a lot of progress on wide mode. Here's what it looks like. This is a debug build in the .gif, so the release mode is smoother. There's no horizontal limit on stretching... I just kept this more narrow so that the .gif was small enough to upload!:

widemode3.gif
Apple does offer a better graphics rendering engine than OpenGL nowadays. I'm almost positive it covers vector graphics as well. I believe it's the essential key in Apple's resolution independent approach to its UI in both its devices and computers.

I can't say for certain, but I think you should be pretty well covered on that said, if that's the way you go. It doesn't help with Windows though, or Lynix if you do that as well.

And yet another mass PA update and UA is not on that list and we have had at least three beta iterations over the last few months that still have not made it to PA's release list.
Strange no?
rsp
sound sculptist

PITA actually- the3 betas are very stable for me (LION, TRIAD, BYOME etc) I wish UA could push them out without the PA installer/updater which is just pointless (it has never once in years told me I have an update!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:40 am PITA actually- the3 betas are very stable for me (LION, TRIAD, BYOME etc) I wish UA could push them out without the PA installer/updater which is just pointless (it has never once in years told me I have an update!)
I get emails from PA. Got one over the course of the night why is why I know there is one :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Was a bit surprised too about this absence.

I guess Unfiltered Audio are on their way out of Plugin Alliance and they are treated like non existing by D*rk.
Given the fact that D*rk devalued their really good FX plugins (look Sell&Buy) with his kamikaze pricing marketing makes their way out quite reasonable for them.
I own ALL of their stuff and would highly appreciate such a move.

zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:44 am
SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:40 am PITA actually- the3 betas are very stable for me (LION, TRIAD, BYOME etc) I wish UA could push them out without the PA installer/updater which is just pointless (it has never once in years told me I have an update!)
I get emails from PA. Got one over the course of the night why is why I know there is one :)
rsp
So did I, the PA 'updater' is updated, but none of the 20 or so plug ins I own- do the actual 'plug in's' ever get updated?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

How do you guys install the available plugin updates within the PA manager tool? There is absolutely nothing there that indicates an update. Do we have to search and re-install every single plugin manually? I don´t get it

I usually reinstall everything again.
rsp
sound sculptist

enCiphered wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:01 pm How do you guys install the available plugin updates within the PA manager tool? There is absolutely nothing there that indicates an update. Do we have to search and re-install every single plugin manually? I don´t get it
Yes. There's a list on their website of what's updated. On my end I only reinstalled the bx_channel devices (E, N and Focusrite) , but nothing from UA was updated :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Effects”