Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Noumena wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:32 pm This is an update/port to UA’s utterly amazing Triad Rack Extension. This not being Reason, which allowed you to patch the bands anywhere like a modular synth (still really really miss all that) they use the byome fx internally.

Triad could make sounds out of other sounds that were amazing and simply not possible to make other ways. I think the kiloheartz suite has similar stuff.
Can you post a link to UA's Triad rack extension? I'd not heard of that.

I feel sorry for the people who are now stuck with Byome that will surely collects dust...

bob swans wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:21 am Dirk has confirmed on the Facebook group that the Byome owners upgrade price will not be time limited, So fingers crossed we should be able to grab it next month with our vouchers.
(added screenshot for solid proof :wink: )
"Plugin of the month" lowers the $300 price to $150 even if not logged in.
The owner discount is in the form of an automatically added voucher which says it's - $100.

Now next month, once we have loyalty vouchers, EITHER the owner discount voucher will take off $100 from the price which is now $300 as it's no longer plugin of the month (I think this will happen) OR the voucher doesn't really take $100 off but magically makes the price $50 and reports it as taking off (price-50) $ (unlikely I think).

That's the way I see it anyway.

HMM nevermind, the voucher is called "triad for $49" so it seems option 2 which I thought was unlikely is actually correct.

edit2: "This product increases the level of your dynamic discount but cannot be discounted further due to a voucher."

So, buy now I guess.

Based on what Dirk said and how previous UA upgrades have worked I think it's always going to be $49. I'm going to wait until I have my voucher.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Poor showing from Plugin Alliance and UA.

This should be a BYOME update, not an entirely new product. It's the same IP split over three bands.

What a gaff...

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:37 pm Based on what Dirk said and how previous UA upgrades have worked I think it's always going to be $49. I'm going to wait until I have my voucher.
Did you see my second edit? It looks like further vouchers won't work. I suppose it won't hurt to wait but you miss out on a month of use.

graspee wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:27 pm
edit2: "This product increases the level of your dynamic discount but cannot be discounted further due to a voucher."

So, buy now I guess.
Sure that isn't just a clumsy attempt at saying the dynamic discounts don't apply when you're using vouchers?

Would anyone have actually bought BYOME knowing this was coming out?
It does feel like a kind of ‘forced’ upgrade.
I can’t sell BYOME now as I’ve used it so much in songs, so I guess it’s a case of is the Multiband TRIAD really worth it compared to 3 instances of BYOME filtered at the different frequencies.
Last edited by simmo75 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graspee wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:42 pm
Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:37 pm Based on what Dirk said and how previous UA upgrades have worked I think it's always going to be $49. I'm going to wait until I have my voucher.
Did you see my second edit? It looks like further vouchers won't work. I suppose it won't hurt to wait but you miss out on a month of use.
I did but misread it because usually what it says is the exact opposite (vouchers but no dynamic discounts). Hmm...guess I have to decide if this is worth $50 to me or not.

Would be the first time a loyalty voucher cannot be applied to a PA product or upgrade.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

so 300 if im not already a pa customer? and don't own byome?

/wanders off to look at guitar pedals instead.

mgw38 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:59 pm Would be the first time a loyalty voucher cannot be applied to a PA product or upgrade.
Yeah, that's a pretty lame development. Multiple months where the voucher is withheld and now this :x

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:01 pm so 300 if im not already a pa customer? and don't own byome?

/wanders off to look at guitar pedals instead.
Yeah, their pricing strategy has taken a very weird turn recently.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Still enjoying the demo. Even though I can do a multi band workaround in a Ableton for effects it’s not nearly the same workflow-wise, which is why I don’t bother with it. But Triad is what I wanted Kilohearts to be but I found KH’s effects to be too vanilla even though I loved the GUI. It really feels like BYOME came to life with this update/upgrade. To me at least.

Bathrobe wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:39 am Congratulation on this release.
Triad is super fun to play with.

Within the first 5 minutes i came up with 3 questions that no video nor the manual anwsers.
What can Byome do that Triad does not?
Why cant the mod row get collapsed and the other rows be expanded at the same time? It would save a click each time i want to edit something in another row. That would also allow me looking at the other rows simultaneously.

When in Mid/Side and i put a delay in the sides the stereo function of the delay does nothing. It is always applied to both sides. I can understand that the m/s encoding and decoding does not allow for procressing left and right separately. But then maybe deactivate the stereo option in the delay when in this mode or maybe mention this in the manual.
I could put different delays in left/right mode but then i lose the mid processing.
Or maybe i have overlooked something?

Anyway, this is a great release. Have fun celebrating.
Thanks!

BYOME has AGC functionality, which is a lot of fun for creative amplitude pumping and modulation. We didn't like the sound of it in Triad. Additionally, the workflow for BYOME is much quicker. We've optimized Triad's workflow as much as possible, but in general BYOME is much more focused on getting the effects added.

We decided to only show one mod row at a time as the plugin is already extremely tall. On my 13" MBP, it is pushing the limits of the screen.

Ah, in M/S mode, the Mid and Side channels are mono channels. The stereo features of the delay should be greyed out when added to a mono channel. I'll register that as a bug. As a workaround, if you want stereo delay features in M/S mode, you should add the delay to the Pre/Post strip. It's especially fun adding it Pre, since that will give you all sorts of stereo interest to chew into on the Side channel.

Return to “Effects”