Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Next question. Will I be able to sell Byome after upgrading to triad?

mrj1nx wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:30 am Next question. Will I be able to sell Byome after upgrading to triad?
Whether you'll be allowed is one thing. Whether you'll be able to price it better than all of the others wanting to sell is a different issue :wink:

The PA plugin resell prices are horrible...

Is it just me or does this look incomplete/rushed?

- There don't seem to be any factory presets specific to Triad in my install? (Windows 8.1 x64, VST2 & 3)
- Byome presets always land on the low band when loaded from the main preset menu, which usually is not what I want.
- I can't drag and drop effects between the bands? Why?
- If I apply a Byome preset directly to a band, it's missing the modulators in the preset, so currently I seem only to be able to use Byome presets on the low band in their full glory by loading them via the main preset menu?
- It's great that I can scale the GUI, but why can't I make it wider? Would definitely be welcome with a couple of effects in a row in this kind of plugin...

I don't have Byome and didn't find answers in the docs, so if I'm missing something I'd be happy for some enlightenment.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:39 am Is it just me or does this look incomplete/rushed?

- There don't seem to be any factory presets specific to Triad in my install? (Windows 8.1 x64, VST2 & 3)
- Byome presets always land on the low band when loaded from the main preset menu, which usually is not what I want.
- If I apply a Byome preset directly to a band, it's missing the modulators in the preset, so currently I seem only to be able to use Byome presets on the low band in their full glory by loading them via the main preset menu?
- It's great that I can scale the GUI, but why can't I make it wider? Would definitely be welcome with a couple of effects in a row in this kind of plugin...

I don't have Byome and didn't find answers in the docs, so if I'm missing something I'd be happy for some enlightenment.

Cheers,

Tom
This will be fixed in the next UA product.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:36 am
mrj1nx wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:30 am Next question. Will I be able to sell Byome after upgrading to triad?
Whether you'll be allowed is one thing. Whether you'll be able to price it better than all of the others wanting to sell is a different issue :wink:
Yeah, thats acceptable to me. Im just trying to make sure to constantly unbloat my plugin folder and release any funds possible for other studio stuff.

My thoughts exactly @mrj1nx

The multiband adds a lot, i wouldn't expect it to affect the possibility for sound as much as it does. This really sounds excellent (typical UA at this point). But at the same time i'm a little bit bummed because BYOME needs some fixes/attention already, and they have been very late with the updates (part of that is perhaps PA, but that doesn't really matter to the end user).

Some thoughts:

- The blue cables are almost invisble on the light skin, making it very hard to use
- I'd wish the "+" button would instantly show me the list of the modules that i could add instead of loading a standard module, then having to move my mouse (or even scroll if it is too far to the right) and then find the proper effect. This adds a lot of unnecessary mouse movement after a while.
- If i add a module i wish it would at least autoscroll to the right so i don't have to scroll everytime it opens outside the window.
- I haven't tried the granulator in Triad yet, but it was always unusable due to cracks in BYOME. I'd wish they fix that before releasing another plugin. Mostly because i feel BYOME will not get the attention it needs once this is out. The granulator was my favorite effect as well but it was cracklytime at most settings.
- HOTKEYS! Delete module with backspace. Cycle through with arrows. Add modules with "a" or something. Please. This would make this much much faster to use. Even better, being able to press "a - f - c", Add, Filter, Comb Filter or something. one key for "scroll all the way left" and one for "all the way right". Please Michael :)
- A very minuscule UI point but when collapsed, the text should have some padding, even just 1 or 2px. "Frequency Shifter" is cut off at the pixel for example.
- The acceleration when scrolling with the trackpad on mac is still a bit iffy (maybe because of slow framerate, i've seen this in other plugins). This would be a non-issue if there were hotkeys btw.

Other than that, the sound possibilities with this is truly heady.

Caine123 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:54 am
ThomasHelzle wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:39 am Is it just me or does this look incomplete/rushed?

Cheers,

Tom
This will be fixed in the next UA product.
[insert drum-roll smiley]

there's a certain amount of blood sweat and tears in that comedy

So I guess any Byome preset can be reproduced in Triad? But not directly imported?

Would be nice to get a comparison Triad VS Kiolohearts Multipass, HOFA, MBMFX-2, MB-7 Mixer and/or Melda’s multiband plugins.

What does Triad offer for people who can already use Byome as multiband (for example through Bitwig)? Basically just presets (and the option to buy third-party presets)? Or more?...

Ou_Tis wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:08 pm So I guess any Byome preset can be reproduced in Triad? But not directly imported?
Well, ATM all the presets seem to be Byome presets and you can both load them on the top level as well as into individual bands (losing the modulation in the process)...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

deleted.
Last edited by Noumena on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ou_Tis wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:14 pm What does Triad offer for people who can already use Byome as multiband (for example through Bitwig)? Basically just presets (and the option to buy third-party presets)? Or more?...
You can modulate the three bands with the same set of modulators. Which, I guess, is also something you can do in Bitwig. Not really any other DAW though.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “Effects”