Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whannel wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:56 pm Is Triad not their synth?
thelizard wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 pm Bit of a leak today, but we weren't going to ask BT to delete a post hahah. Kind of hard to put the genie back in the bottle after 800 people had watched it.

There will be a very fair upgrade price for BYOME owners. All BYOME user and factory presets will show up inside of Triad. You can import an entire BYOME preset or just the effects to a row.

Triad has six modes of three-way band-splitting.

Triad does not replace BYOME. There are unique features on each due to significantly different workflows.

I'll post more info around the official release which is still a ways off. For now, we're still applying patches simultaneously to Triad, BYOME, and the entire line-up. Today's news is that an NVIDIA driver is crashing OpenGL plugins. Yesterday's news is that a Windows security update also broke things.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 pm
Nope. Triad is the multiband BYOME.
What a weird product/marketing strategy from them :shrug:

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:14 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 pm
Nope. Triad is the multiband BYOME.
What a weird product/marketing strategy from them :shrug:
Isn't Plugin Alliance in control of the marketing side of things?

Apparently the new feature-set won't play well with the original, hence the separate plugin. How the cross-grade issue plays out will, if the Sches 'Thorn' episode is anything to go buy, maybe be up yo PA :shrug:

thelizard wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:34 pm
Yep! Our full modulation system with per-voice modulation (optional switch per-module for monophonic modulation). Additionally, we're adding an MPE modulator so that you can route all of that easily.

I can't share any teasers yet, but I'll share this: it's called LION. It has two oscillators, each with 25+ modes and optional full stereo synthesis. It has a mixer with nine modes. The interface has been designed without pages. The only page not always-visible is the voicing options page (poly/mono/legato/unison, tuning, etc... the type of stuff you only set once).
Thanks must've been LION I'm thinking of, much confusion with what BT showed with ROLI. Think I'll need them all and just hoping for good PA discount for owning a few Unfiltered Audio ones, although their emails to me seem to have broken down somehow awaiting a fix.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

99$ upgrade for Byome owners. Wow, all that just for multiband? Gripe, moan, wail, gnash teeth, tear garments, weep in disbelief.

I like their products but im not supporting this shit behaviour releasing a new product ao cheaply advanced and so fast after byome and milking existing customers. Blabla you dont need to upgrade... are vsts (u-he is an exception!) Now such a moneymilking train for companies which sell updates and slight upgrades as new prices? Izotope is the tip of the iceberg.

UA seems too much pA influenced or reached a level where they can care less now.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ariston wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:37 am 99$ upgrade for Byome owners. Wow, all that just for multiband? Gripe, moan, wail, gnash teeth, tear garments, weep in disbelief.
It's $49 if you log onto your account on the website.

BeeDog wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:55 am
ariston wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:37 am 99$ upgrade for Byome owners. Wow, all that just for multiband? Gripe, moan, wail, gnash teeth, tear garments, weep in disbelief.
It's $49 if you log onto your account on the website.
Rubs eyes, looks upward warily ... "really?"

Oh dear, yes. Hm, 49$. Anyone gotten their monthly codes yet? I haven't received mine.

There are no vouchers in summer and xmas sale
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ah, good, good. thanks for the info.

bought it for $56 (for me taxes...), already have byome (and specops). was looking forward for a really proper multi-band processor. only 3, but enough.. and i like UA products (like the glitchmachines stuff, no wonder they cooperate).

with reaktor 6.3 i can get more, all toybox packs + unfiltered audio euroreakt; but 3 is more than enough and this is a beatiful crafted plugin, just like specops and byome.

byome seems almost redundant, but you do not need always 3 bands.

mmmmh, with nugen audio sigmod vst3, you can load to triads, and sigmond can do crossover (which isn't the best option), but than... 6 bands.. or more, haha

but first, experimenting with triad!

EDIT: i see in a YT vid, that triad has more effects.. just bought it, going to fast... haha

EDIT 2: i see that you have more options for bands, parallel, mid side, etc.

nice work

Anybody having a problem with the Windows installer ? No VST2 seems to get installed here.

lnikj wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:29 am Anybody having a problem with the Windows installer ? No VST2 seems to get installed here.
it is installed in my steinberg/vstplugins folder. during installation you see the install path for vst2.
i am using the 64 bit installer by the way (now on windows 7 pro).

Congratulation on this release.
Triad is super fun to play with.

Within the first 5 minutes i came up with 3 questions that no video nor the manual anwsers.
What can Byome do that Triad does not?
Why cant the mod row get collapsed and the other rows be expanded at the same time? It would save a click each time i want to edit something in another row. That would also allow me looking at the other rows simultaneously.

When in Mid/Side and i put a delay in the sides the stereo function of the delay does nothing. It is always applied to both sides. I can understand that the m/s encoding and decoding does not allow for procressing left and right separately. But then maybe deactivate the stereo option in the delay when in this mode or maybe mention this in the manual.
I could put different delays in left/right mode but then i lose the mid processing.
Or maybe i have overlooked something?

Anyway, this is a great release. Have fun celebrating.

Return to “Effects”