Amplitube as a subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IK Multimedia have an Amplitube poll running now. One of the questions is:

Would you be interested in a subscription model where you can get all the AmpliTube gear for
$29.99/month?

$360 a year sounds expensive. What do you think?

What about rent to own ?

I don't like subscription, I'd rather just save money up and buy the plugs I want

Sub is only really worthwhile if there's gaps where you won't use the plugs and thus can cancel the sub to save money, subbing for anything longer than 2 years though, you're better off just buying the licenses instead as in the long run you'll save money over endless subs

Rent to own, acceptable.

Subscription, absolutely not.

For $29 a month, you have very many better, greater things you can get. I wouldn´t even get everything-IK for $29 a month, personally. And I do use and like some IK products actually.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

No
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hell no.

No way
Intel CoreI7, ASUS mobo, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, Win10 64-bit

I said no too. I'm sub'ed out at the moment. I've got everything I need from them, but for some it might be cool.

Nay. I hardly use Amplitube anymore anyway. I tried the East-West subscription model for 2 months. It would be worth it if I was composing 8 hours everyday for money, but as a hobbyist? Uh-uh.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Subscription models suck, and at that price it sucks more than subscription models in general
Sweet child in time...

Really hate this software as service model, most of these medium/big developers don't even have a decent support service.
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure."
Checkout my blog: VST Plugins Free Download.

At $9 a month, I could see people being tempted. At $19 per month, I'd expect all the T-Racks included at least. For $29? Add in Sampletank, Modo Bass, the synth thing, and regular new content. And even then I'd think it's expensive. Roland Cloud is already on the pricey side, but that is a lot of content for $20 per month, and they throw in perpetual licenses for every 12 months.

No

No. Subs.
Not even at $1.

Not going to go subscription. I love adobe products but I am staying with CS6 and moving to other apps over time.
The same will happen with Amplitube if the only option becomes subscription. If there are choices to purchase or subscribe. then cool.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Return to “Effects”