First track of new album : Luggage Lockers (second mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
Could you please listen and make honest comments about my new song__?
I always appreciate any feedback, please be honest. Do not hesitate even if you hated it, I will consider your feedback in my next upcoming tracks.
Thanks in advance.

NOTE: This is my first time asking for a review in kvraudio. I am planing to release English album in 2019 and this will be first track.
Thank you all for your Honest opinions. After reviews I decided to change mix and disabled "hard limiting" in mastering stage. Please consider listening new version of mix.

Luggage Lockers (first version)
http://kaanna.com/music/luggage-lockers.mp3

Luggage Lockers (second version)
https://soundcloud.com/user-930608497/l ... kers-mixed
Last edited by jamkhan on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I found it to have a quirky sort of charm but it was difficult for me to understand the lyrics. I thought the production was very good. Good luck with your release.

Honest comments? OK, first of all, I'm not a fan of the creepy robot-like vox. The guitar and lead vocal sit well in the mix, and I quite like the singer performance. The back-vocals are a bit strange and not always well distinct. The drums and percs lack energy and presence.The song feels a bit empty and for my taste, as far as music is concerned (a bass would help fill the blanks, I reckon), . Less words and more music would help me like this track more. That said, there are good ideas and the track remains interesting and enjoyable.

Wopelka wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:26 pm Honest comments? OK, first of all, I'm not a fan of the creepy robot-like vox. The guitar and lead vocal sit well in the mix, and I quite like the singer performance. The back-vocals are a bit strange and not always well distinct. The drums and percs lack energy and presence.The song feels a bit empty and for my taste, as far as music is concerned (a bass would help fill the blanks, I reckon), . Less words and more music would help me like this track more. That said, there are good ideas and the track remains interesting and enjoyable.
Thank you for your criticism , it will help me to form my next songs.

the backing vocals sound like they are singing through a pillow which you are sitting on.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I like the lead vocals, guitar and drums.
I do not like the delay (with extreme high-pass filter) on the lead vocals. The effect is so muffled and distracting. It takes my focus away from your actual singing voice (which is quite good btw).

... and that robotic vox thing... uggg... this really isn't the type of song for it. I almost stopped listening as soon as I heard it (glad I didn't though).

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 6
Performance - 7
Mix - 3

Overall - 5.75

Comments: For starters, it's too loud. Everything is too dry. The BG Vocals are buried. Lead vocals are too up front. Song sounds like it was recorded in a closet. There is no ambiance to this at all. Mix is too busy. You've got stuff going on in it that I can't for the life of me make out. And it's ALL TOO LOUD. Musically? Who knows? The mix is such a train wreck that I can't really pay attention to the music. But based on the overall mood, I scored it accordingly.

And it's TOOOOOO LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!

layzer wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:35 pm the backing vocals sound like they are singing through a pillow which you are sitting on.
I tried to make doubling more realistic by singing it over but I think I better use highpass.
Thank you very much for your review.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:34 am My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 6
Performance - 7
Mix - 3

Overall - 5.75

Comments: For starters, it's too loud. Everything is too dry. The BG Vocals are buried. Lead vocals are too up front. Song sounds like it was recorded in a closet. There is no ambiance to this at all. Mix is too busy. You've got stuff going on in it that I can't for the life of me make out. And it's ALL TOO LOUD. Musically? Who knows? The mix is such a train wreck that I can't really pay attention to the music. But based on the overall mood, I scored it accordingly.

Thank you very much for your time. The mix will change for sure.

lessera wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:06 am I like the lead vocals, guitar and drums.
I do not like the delay (with extreme high-pass filter) on the lead vocals. The effect is so muffled and distracting. It takes my focus away from your actual singing voice (which is quite good btw).

... and that robotic vox thing... uggg... this really isn't the type of song for it. I almost stopped listening as soon as I heard it (glad I didn't though).
Thank you very much. I will do my best in my next songs. I will not try to use bass vocoder never again.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:34 am My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 6
Performance - 7
Mix - 3

Overall - 5.75

I fixed sound levels. Would you please review once more?
Thanks in advance

Luggage Lockers (second version)
https://soundcloud.com/user-930608497/l ... kers-mixed

Return to “Music Cafe”