A couple of Waveform 10 questions

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I upgraded to v10 this weekend and started a project. This raised a couple of questions for me with which I hope the esteemed community here can help.

1) I found a bug, where is the best place to report it?

2) Is there a command to automatically set the I/O markers to the selected clip?

3) I noticed that if I assign MIDI controllers to a plugin, I notice that they are globally assigned e.g. if I assign a knob to the filter cutoff in a synth on track 1 and then assign the same physical control to wet/dry knob on a delay on track 2, I notice that both filter cutoff on track 1 AND wet/dry on track 2 move at the same time with the physical controller regardless of which track is selected. Is it possible to have the physical control only affect the currently selected track?

I realise that this can be done with the Quick Parameter, but there is only one, and usually I like to map several controls for real-time control of a synth, for example.

4) Also on the Quick Parameter, is there a quicker way to assign it, instead of opening a huge list of parameter names? Some synths have A LOT of cryptically named parameters.

Thank you all very much!

I've just answered 2) by checking out Bill's book on Tracktion 7. The key command is 'A'

For number 3 you're going to want to set up your MIDI controller as a "control surface." In the custom control mapping, the options under "Plugins > Automatable parameters" will allow you to control the parameters of whichever plugin you have selected.

abrickwall wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:00 pm For number 3 you're going to want to set up your MIDI controller as a "control surface." In the custom control mapping, the options under "Plugins > Automatable parameters" will allow you to control the parameters of whichever plugin you have selected.
Thanks for the reply. I did try this and set up my Panorama P1 as a custom control surface. I set the 8 knobs as controlling parameters 1 to 8. However, you cannot specify which 8 parameters are controlled. It just controls the first 8 parameters presented to the host by the plugin, which could be anything.

The only way I could actually choose which parameters to control is assigning them as I mentioned in the first post.

Unfortunately this is one of the current limitations of control surfaces. I believe one of the devs mentioned adding an option where users will be able to select their favorite parameters in each plugin to have show up on the control surface first, but I don't know if/when they plan to do that.

abrickwall wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:14 pm Unfortunately this is one of the current limitations of control surfaces. I believe one of the devs mentioned adding an option where users will be able to select their favorite parameters in each plugin to have show up on the control surface first, but I don't know if/when they plan to do that.
You're right, but there are ways for the DAW to manage this - just look at Bitwig, Studio One and Sonar on how they use assignable remote controls.

The Quick Control Parameter is a step in the right direction. We just need to have more than one parameter.

You are report bugs here or to support@tracktion.com

Thank you

It's great to report bugs here, because it lets the rest of us users know right away that there could be a problem: we can either test it to confirm it or let you know if there's a workaround. I've learned a lot about Waveform just by reading this forum, as the community here is great at mutual support as well as explaining complicated things not in the manual quite simply.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Return to “Tracktion”