how export all clip separate with multiple file?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using T7. Audio clip is in one track.
We want to export it all separately. What should I do?
I would like to do without moving the audio clip and without adding any tracks.
There are 8 audio clips and 1 clip.
Certainly you can do it by adding tracks and moving clips.
However, we use a lot of clips.
10, 20, 30, 40, that is very difficult.
I appreciate any help.
Last edited by thintrne on Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

It is summarized in one post.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

I'm confused about what you are asking for.
You say "There are 8 audio clips and 1 clip." I read that as 9 clips - but how are they distributed that you are specifying 8 and 1?
Or do you mean 8 clips on one track?

If these are audio clips then they already exist outside of Waveform so if you don't need them trimmed to match the length in the Waveform edit you can use the browser in the Projects tab to find them.

Otherwise you can do them one at a time by selecting the desired clip, clicking "Render Clip" in the properties page of the clip and selecting "Render the selected clip" and choosing the relevant options.

You can select multiple clips at once and render them but it produces one audio file with them mixed together - I don't currently see an option to render multiple selected clips independently.

The other option is to use the archive feature, which can be set up to produce separate audio files for each clip in the edit, but will do the entire edit at once. For this, in the menu select Export -> Create an archive of this edit, set the Export Type to Export as files in a directory, and set Handle Size to Export shortest possible media files (no handles).

to fde101, thanks reply.
Sorry, I'm really sorry. for the confusion. We had made a mistake in writing.
That means There are 8 audio clips on one track.
There are a lot of clips that cut. In the shortcut it is the [/] key.
But it is in one track.
We have created an archive that you taught.
However, it has been exported as one audio.
Is there something wrong with us? The cut clip was originally one audio clip.

Are you sure you had Handle Size set to Export shortest possible media files (no handles)?

If so, it is behaving differently for you than it did for me, as in an edit I just exported that way it did give me multiple audio clips for what was originally one file.

Granted I am on Waveform 10, so not sure if this is something that might have changed from T7 but I wouldn't have expected that.

Simply drag each clip down to a different track - without moving them side to side - then use the export option 'render each track to individual file' option :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

That is exactly what he was hoping to avoid.

To fde 101.
Thank you for checking.
It certainly seems like a different move in the T7 we are using.
In W10, it is likely to be reason to purchase W10 if possible.
And thank you for pointing out to Mr. TSC.
Just that exactly. It is troublesome to manually move 50 clips to a track. It will be painful.

To TSC.
Thanks. That's exactly.
But, do you want to do it to 50 clips?
50 Do you add this track and move 50 clips manually?
How much music can you play in that time?

That is the way of pain.
Please tell me if there is a method of automatically duplicating 50 clips into 50 tracks.
Please.

We really want to know.
However, I think that W10 will purchase.
I congratulate the wonderful DAW.

We purchased W10.
It is not a trial now but a regular version.
I tried the method taught.
Export> Create Archive> Export type: export as files in a directory> Handle Size:> Export shortest possible media files (no handles).

The result is only one file.
We also sent samples to support.
When we upload samples to some uploader.
Is it possible for someone to confirm it?

Include Files From library Projects.
I switched this option but the effect did not change.

The only other thing I can think to try is to write a script to do this; sadly the scripting API is rather limited in this area (it seems kind of sad that they would go to the trouble of using something as heavy as JavaScript as a scripting engine then give it such an anemic API to work with) but it might be possible to write a script that moves all of the individual clips onto separate tracks so that the export can happen? I was going to give this a try but ran out of time for today - too many other projects to do - but it looks like you could loop through the tracks, loop through the clips on each track, select each clip after the first one on a given track, cut, insert a new track, paste onto the new track... obviously you would run that on a *copy* of the edit...

It's so wonderful.
We will quote the answers received from support here.
"At the moment the technique that can do it is to paste the clip to the track in manual."
We asked that we would like to manually paste as many as 50 clips to the truck?
And support said.
"I will put the skill request on the development conference."
We consider this skill as follows if it is installed in the W10.
It makes it easier to create several samplers and loops from one recorded clip.

Of course I said that.
And we said. also the suggestion of mr.fde 101.
Implementation of API on export.

We also think about it. What we can think of at this stage.
Select all clips> Paste> Paste automatically on individual tracks.

kidding>I hope we can use zsh and BASH in W 10 .. It is a joke.sorry.

In this case, I would also like Waveform to be guided by what is implemented in Reaper.
The export opportunities in Reaper are awesome, a very strong advantage. It is very convenient to export any pieces, it is very cool to make sample packs (which I sometimes do).
If you are not familiar with what export options are in Reaper, then I advise you to familiarize yourself with its functions "Render to file", "Batch File\Item Converter", "Queued Renders".

If it would be easy to export samples in batches, regardless of where they are in the project, it would be amazing. I would like that I could use only Waveform, without being distracted by other DAWs, so I am very much looking forward to such possibilities in Waveform, along with eliminating problems with latency.

Return to “Tracktion”