[SOLVED] PreSonus Studio One 4 Issue: Studio One Presets are no longer loading

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have any other SO4 users experienced this issue? I am experiencing the issue running Studio One 4 Professional [4.1.3.50787] on Windows 10 Pro x64.

I don't know when it began happening (possibly with the latest maintenance release), but I am unable to get the presets of any of my PreSonus Studio One stock plug-ins (e.g. Pro EQ, Phaser, etc.) to load. It does not matter whether I select the presets from directly within the plug-ins themselves, or whether I drag over a preset from the browser to the effect rack. The presets refuse to load; only the default preset is loaded. It is nearly the same issue for the PreSonus stock virtual instruments (e.g. Mai Tai, Mojito, etc.); when selecting a preset, the preset names actually do change, but the patch is still the default patch.

Restarting Studio One does not clear up the problem. :help:

Last edited by tonedef71 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:28 pm Have any other SO4 users experienced this issue? I am experiencing the issue running Studio One 4 Professional [4.1.3.50787] on Windows 10 Pro x64.

I don't know when it began happening (possibly with the latest maintenance release), but I am unable to get the presets of any of my PreSonus Studio One stock plug-ins (e.g. Pro EQ, Phaser, etc.) to load. It does not matter whether I select the presets from directly within the plug-ins themselves, or whether I drag over a preset from the browser to the effect rack. The presets refuse to load; only the default preset is loaded. It is nearly the same issue for the PreSonus stock virtual instruments (e.g. Mai Tai, Mojito, etc.); when selecting a preset, the preset names actually do change, but the patch is still the default patch.

Restarting Studio One does not clear up the problem. :help:

The latest update for SO4 works without any issues like you've shown, but I am using Windows 7 64 Bit.

When you do the updates, install them into a new folder, rather than overwrite the previous one with the new version. As what you may end up doing is mixing previous versions with the most current. Uninstall and reinstall into it's own folder, is worth a try... if you've not already done so. The only other thing I can think of, is to check if Studio One is properly authorised and to check the permissions you have on the files. Maybe a Windows 10 update has changed something...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Running S1 4 Pro (4.1.3.50787) on Windows 10 Home x64 (latest build 3/10/19) here tonedef71. I just checked but all presets are loading fine here. FYI I would have updated via the "check for new version" option.

Thank you for the feedback. You inspired me to try and fix the problem myself rather than wait for help from PreSonus Customer Support. I cannot remember whether or not I updated to the latest Studio One release from within Studio One or by downloading the installer from the MyPreSonus website. I do not think it matters, as Studio One simply downloads and invokes the same installer executable file.

In the interest of helping out others who find themselves with the same dilemma, I will share what I did that ultimately got the presets all working again.

As suggested by THE INTRANCER, I deactivated my Studio One 4 software and reactivated it, but unfortunately the issue with presets remained. The suggestion that a Windows 10 update might have been responsible for my fouled-up Studio One installation was a disturbing thought.

Next, I removed all the files from "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus" except for the following files and folders:

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\artist.png
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\user.colorscheme
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\user.license
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\Surface Data[1]
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\User Devices
When I restarted Studio One, it understandably took much longer to start up (it had many files to recreate), but when it finally finished, presets for the PreSonus virtual instruments and plug-ins were working once again. I have no idea which file or files were messed up, or missing, or whatever, but I am satisfied that Studio One itself can be coerced to recreate a valid configuration. I still do not know what caused my Studio One 4 installation to begin having the problem with the PreSonus stock plug-in presets in the first place.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

That's cool, that you managed to fix it... it was an area of the program I did think of, but I didn't mention it as I wasn't 100% sure, and didn't want you to do any further damage accidentality. 5.30am isn't usually a good time to delve into technical documentation problems, right before heading to bed....

Last year and prior to the release of Studio One 4, I did actually document the methods in which to fix issues relating to plugins that have screwed things up and that of reference to the roaming folder based files. What you may have done is delete the Plugins-en.settings file which resets the settings of the instruments as the file is then recreated as new when starting the program. As you'll see, there's other files relating to blacklist based one... Last year I ran into problem where a plugin required PACE, a free one given away by Focusrite which they claimed didn't require it, but actually did. Thus I ended up going through this process to fix the issue.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:42 pm That's cool, that you managed to fix it... it was an area of the program I did think of, but I didn't mention it as I wasn't 100% sure, and didn't want you to do any further damage accidentality. 5.30am isn't usually a good time to delve into technical documentation problems, right before heading to bed....

Last year and prior to the release of Studio One 4, I did actually document the methods in which to fix issues relating to plugins that have screwed things up and that of reference to the roaming folder based files. What you may have done is delete the Plugins-en.settings file which resets the settings of the instruments as the file is then recreated as new when starting the program. As you'll see, there's other files relating to blacklist based one... Last year I ran into problem where a plugin required PACE, a free one given away by Focusrite which they claimed didn't require it, but actually did. Thus I ended up going through this process to fix the issue.

Wow! Thanks for sharing this! :tu:

Good you’re back up OK tonedef71. Thanks for the added info Intrancer.

Here is the official remedy from PreSonus Support:
A Studio One settings refresh may help to resolve your reported issue so please give that a try...

Go to Help>Open Settings folder.

Copy the contents of the folder over to a new folder on your desktop.

Close S1 and delete the contents of the settings folder with the exception of the user.license file as well as the "Extensions" folder.

Open S1 and go to Studio One>Options (Preferences on a Mac) to reconfigure your settings.

Test to see if the problem is resolved. If it is not, please feel free to copy your settings files back over from the backup that you created in step 2.

*If you are missing presets or Sound Sets after doing this, double-click one of your Sound Sets. They're typically located in Documents > Studio One > Sound Sets by default unless you've placed them in another location.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Optionally Restoring Some Settings Afterward ** [4.x only]

If you've created custom plugin folders in the browser and don't want to lose those after the refresh, copy the file PluginPresentation.settings from the backup folder in step 2 back to the settings folder before launching Studio One again. Or quit Studio One anytime later and copy it back there.

If you want to keep your Recent Files menu listings and Recent Files Start Page listings, copy the file RecentDocuments.settings from the backup folder in step 2 back to the settings folder before launching Studio One again. Or quit Studio One anytime later and copy it back there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for posting the full solution plus your Presonus response. I had a similar issue, though it must not have been identical since restarting fixed it for me.

Hello everyone, I am having a similar issue. I am running Mack OS 11.4 and I have a studio one 4. For some reason I don't know what I did or what happened, but every time I try to use a plug-in I am able to import it into the track but once the plug-in opens none of the presets work. On top of that if you do any manual adjustments there is no change on the sound of the track. In other words it seems like the sound is not running through the plug-in. If you guys could help me solve this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”