Menu Panels on Diva & Repro to Select Presets are not visible (Cubase 10 Pro & Windows 10 x64)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I use Cubase 10 pro (last version) on a Windows 10 x64 machine.

I just bought Diva & Repro, and the menu at the bottom of the plugin to switch to the different panels including the Presets are not visible. almost impossible to switch to the preset panel. Any Idea what's the problem can be ?
out of Cubase, loading them in Cantabile for example is working ok !

as well, is there a way to have the fonts in the preset panel (when i succed to reach the panel) to be "lighter", they are too dark/grey and it kill my eyes to read it (i have a 17" small screen, running on a 1152*864 resolution).

as well, on the plugins the right click on my Wacom Graphic tablet is not working. I must use a shortcut to be able to access it !.

Thanks for any help !

Works fine for me on same setup, try updating your graphics card driver and reinstall the plugin.

40watt wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am Works fine for me on same setup, try updating your graphics card driver and reinstall the plugin.
Already did both. but will try again. Driver is up to date anyway for sure.

Can you post a screenshot? What size are you running the plugin GUI?

Any non 100% scaling options setup in Windows? Cubase 10 apparently works well with 100% scaling and 200% but I've seen reports of cut off GUIs with in between settings due to HiDPI scaling issues.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:21 pm Can you post a screenshot? What size are you running the plugin GUI?

Any non 100% scaling options setup in Windows? Cubase 10 apparently works well with 100% scaling and 200% but I've seen reports of cut off GUIs with in between settings due to HiDPI scaling issues.
yes, that's what i'm thinking of. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Here is how windows is setup and cubase. Can't run it at 100% (already changed my glasses few days ago :( still running on a CRT monitor (personnal reason, can't move to anything else for now. maybe i'll have a LED 24" soon, but it's not sure at all).

Screen resolution : 1152*864 / 72hz
Windows DPI : 125%
Cubase : HDPI activated (if not activated, everything is blur)

The right Click not working with a Wacom Touch Tablet is not working everywhere (same with cantabile & Cubase 10).

(Temporary fix : maybe using Jbridge, while waiting a fix or that i switch to an another screen).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Martyprod on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In Diva/Repros click the Cogwheel on the top right, then go to preferences. There, choose 80% or so for default UI scale. That should give you the missing space back on the screen.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:23 pm In Diva/Repros click the Cogwheel on the top right, then go to preferences. There, choose 80% or so for default UI scale. That should give you the missing space back on the screen.
Thanks, it fixed the issue, i was in 90% but didn't tried 80% since the installation as it's a bit too tiny for my eyes.
When the plugin is openat 80%, if i click on 90%, it's still working perfectly ! It's only if i close the plugin and re-open it that at 90% the missing space is back lol. Can it be fixed in a future version ?

i can work at 80% but it's very hard for the eyes especially as the fonts used in the patch panel are pretty dark, is it possible to have them more "lighter" ?
The "gamma" feature works but only for the main panels not the preset / Patch ones). I noticed as well that sometimes, the gamma setting is working and sometimes is not.
any advice ? same for the right click using a Wacom Touch tablet as a mouse. it's not working with the touch feature.

by the way, thanks !! except these small issues, the sound of your plugins are outstanding !! :) :) !

Hehehe, I have no idea why Cubase would crop the strip on the bottom...

To be honest, I don't know if we test at low resolutions. Usually problems are associated to rather high screen resolutions. I'm sure this thread will result in a couple of tests to see if/what we can do.

We also talk about making alternative user interfaces for visually impaired people. We don't know how much demand there is, and we really don't exactly know which way to go about this. But it's one of the things we have on the radar.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:08 pm Hehehe, I have no idea why Cubase would crop the strip on the bottom...

To be honest, I don't know if we test at low resolutions. Usually problems are associated to rather high screen resolutions. I'm sure this thread will result in a couple of tests to see if/what we can do.

We also talk about making alternative user interfaces for visually impaired people. We don't know how much demand there is, and we really don't exactly know which way to go about this. But it's one of the things we have on the radar.
Thank you :) !! by any chance is there a simple trick to make maybe the font color of the preset panel "white" instead of dark grey ?

As mentioned, I think the GUI being cutoff on non-100/200% HDPI settings is a Cubase issue. Maybe there's something on the U-he side that can be done to make it compatible with Cubase, but the issue could also be entirely Steinberg's.

In the short-term: I'm not sure how technically inclined you are, but U-he plugins are VERY customizable in terms of the GUI. Each GUI is made from a combination of .png's and scripting. If you just want to make some higher contrast text in the preset browser for example, you'd find the color name in the script and replace the current color with the new one using an RGB hex code and two-digit alpha characters at the end (FF for 100% opacity). Script editing is done via a standard text editor (better to get one that supports Unicode line breaks like Notepad++) and .png editing can be done in any Photoshop-type application. Modifying the GUI requires some trial an error, but once you get a hang of it, and find the right color name in the script, changing the color of text or a highlight is actually very easy.

If you want to explore the customization route but don't want to mess up your existing/stock GUI, copy the contents of the Diva.data\Data\Scripts and Diva.data\Data\Images folders and paste them into a new folder under \Diva.data\Support\Themes\[YourNewSkinName]\. The diva script is called Diva_orig.txt, rename that to just Diva.txt (just using Diva as an example here - similar process for all). That will create a copy of the stock GUI (using the folder name as the skin name) that you can experiment with and modify. You select the alternate GUI's by right clicking or on the preferences. Be warned: you have to fully close all instances of the plugin and reload the plugin to see any changes though.

Just wanted to share that as a potential option. If you want to explore it, there's a few people here (including me - my knowledge is very limited on scripts but that I can figure out) that could probably help out with how to get some higher contrast text and highlights in some areas of the GUI.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:18 pm Just wanted to share that as a potential option. If you want to explore it, there's a few people here (including me - my knowledge is very limited on scripts but that I can figure out) that could probably help out with how to get some higher contrast text and highlights in some areas of the GUI.
Wow !!!!!!!!! Thank you for the tips ! one of my best friend (cubase user) is a professional programmer (he already did for me some script to help me with Bome Midi translator (it's public on github)).

i will show him the reply, i think i can customise the gui myself, but he'll be faster than me :D thank you !!

Good luck! If you or your friend get stuck anywhere, post in these forums. Like I said, if all your looking to do is change colours of text and highlights, that's relatively simple and someone here will help.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:23 pm In Diva/Repros click the Cogwheel on the top right, then go to preferences. There, choose 80% or so for default UI scale. That should give you the missing space back on the screen.
Just discovered that, lol, Unfortunatly the 80% trick is only working half the time. I open the plugin, it's not there, i close it (not unloading it), I open it again, and it's there lol. same issue with repro-1 and repro-5.

Addendum : just noticed that this is doing the same at 90% too !!
Addendum 2 : Bug seems to be fixed when asking to cubase to put the window of Diva in "Always on top". i don't have the bug anymore, even at 90% of Scale !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This definitely seems like a Cubase issue to me as well.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:26 pm This definitely seems like a Cubase issue to me as well.
Yes, at least, it's working now correctly with the "always on top" feature checked.

I still have some difficulties to make a custom theme working. I'm certainly doing something wrong. just copied the "original theme" with fonts/scripts/images, but it's not working (getting a permission issue). it's certainly have to do with the .txt file, where there is the name of the theme in it, set as default, and the filename etc... i'll try to investigate a bit more on that.

At least, i can now use the 3 plugins at 90% without my eyes burning lol, now, just need to put the white color on the font in the presets list and i'll be fully happy :). I'm close :) !

Return to “u-he”