Behringer Crave

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Give bax the money. 'Bax'. Not 'back'. Geddit? Huh? Geddit? No?

Damn, I just aint got the comedy chops these days.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:dog:

:lol:

Long day, man.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 am Order pushed back to May 2020!!!!!
WTF? I wonder what caused such a significant delay. I would suppose B wants to get their synths out as quickly as possible.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:31 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 am Order pushed back to May 2020!!!!!
WTF? I wonder what caused such a significant delay. I would suppose B wants to get their synths out as quickly as possible.

/C
If I were Behringer I'd be giving the first batch to Thomann & Musicstore. Bax know this so offer up the presales.

I very much doubt it'll be May 2020 and more likely Q3 of this year for the larger retailers. Bax will be in the next round a few months later but this could indeed be Q1 2020.

So wait until then and support a shady retailer or get it early (or more accurately, on time) and support two companies who never let me down. It's pretty clear to me.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Anyone seen any updates on a date for the Crave?

I see a new video here and there, but nothing in the way of news. The crave and the RD 8 (noticed they changed the name from RD 808) are the two things I really want to see, but it's not easy to find reliable news on either of them.

Not sure if Loopop's latest video has been posted. Claims it will be $200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU0PQTswBt8

Behringer just posted that they are shipping 1000 units for sale from EU shops. No word yet on when we can expect some in the US.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

They're sure taking their time with getting them out in the wild

They have them up for pre-order at Thomann so I've just ordered one of those and the Pro-1

I'm just not understanding the attraction of the Crave.

Then again, I just checked the price. It's cheaper than most other Behringer synths and it's also a smaller footprint.

Ok, I get it now. I think.

It sounds pretty good. I might get one. After I get the Pro-1 and Odyssey and 808.

Is it really that great sounding though? I suppose the patch bay comes in handy. Neutron left me a bit cold as well, but after hearing it, I'm going to get one of those as well. Maybe I need to listen to a few more demos.

With so many great synths to choose from, is it just size and price that sets the Crave apart?

Crave is ideal for the 'dawless jam' crowd. In some ways it's variation on the 303 format, but with more sound sculpting options. With the Pro-1 filter I do think it sounds good, but as usual most of the demo's out there are horrendous.

tehlord wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 pm They have them up for pre-order at Thomann so I've just ordered one of those and the Pro-1
150 euro in stock 1/2 weeks, I'm tempted to buy one just because it's so cheap

codec_spurt wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:32 am I'm just not understanding the attraction of the Crave.

Then again, I just checked the price. It's cheaper than most other Behringer synths and it's also a smaller footprint.

Ok, I get it now. I think.

It sounds pretty good. I might get one. After I get the Pro-1 and Odyssey and 808.

Is it really that great sounding though? I suppose the patch bay comes in handy. Neutron left me a bit cold as well, but after hearing it, I'm going to get one of those as well. Maybe I need to listen to a few more demos.

With so many great synths to choose from, is it just size and price that sets the Crave apart?
for me personally, a few additional bits for the modular, without my bank manager even noticing.

Digivolt wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:46 pm
tehlord wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 pm They have them up for pre-order at Thomann so I've just ordered one of those and the Pro-1
Yeah I've pre-ordered one and a Pro-1. I don't actually know if I'll get one of the first batch, I'm sure Thomann have more orders than units..

Digivolt wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:46 pm
Is there another reason to buy one?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”