Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM [RELEASED 27-03-19]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

https://www.spectrasonics.net/news/news ... php?id=113
We are excited to announce another significant update of our flagship software synthesizer Omnisphere®. Version 2.6 adds an enhanced Arpeggiator and dramatically expanded Hardware Synth Integration, with support for over 60 Hardware Synths! This update adds brand new profiles for such iconic synths as the Roland Juno-106, Alesis Andromeda and the Roland D-50, to the very latest synths like the Korg Minilogue XD and Moog One - as well as dozens of other user requested models. The FREE update will also include hundreds of inspiring new patches for all registered Omnisphere 2 users and will be available in March.

Major Arpeggiator Update
Omnisphere’s renowned Arpeggiator has been greatly enhanced with all new creative tools, a brand new preset library and much more. The musical possibilities are vastly expanded, making it one of the most flexible arpeggiators ever, while still being fun to use. Best of all, Omnisphere 2.6 can now capture the MIDI data of what the arpeggiator is doing as a standard MIDI file, which can be dragged to any DAW for further editing!

Expanded Hardware Synth Integration
Omnisphere’s unique Hardware Synth Integration feature bridges the physical experience gap between software and hardware, giving users intuitive control of Omnisphere by using the familiar layout of their hardware synth. With the new 2.6 release, many requested hardware synth profiles have been added, including support for over 60 popular hardware synthesizers from Moog®, Sequential®, Roland®, Korg®, Novation®, Nord®, Behringer®, Access®, Studiologic® and Yamaha®. The supported hardware synths cover a wide array of form factors and price ranges for different types of users.

New Sounds
Omnisphere 2.6 features a newly expanded “Hardware Library” with hundreds of new patches created by Eric Persing and our renowned Sound Development team. Notably, this update takes Eric’s classic sound design work from the original 1987 Roland D-50 into completely new sonic territory with Omnisphere’s vast synthesis capabilities.

New Hardware Synth Profiles added in v2.6 include:
• Roland Juno-106
• Roland D-50/PG-1000
• Alesis Andromeda A6
• Behringer Deepmind
• Access Virus Indigo 1
• Access Virus Indigo 2
• Access Virus C
• Access Virus TI
• DSI/Sequential Pro 2
• DSI/Sequential Prophet 08
• DSI/Sequential Mopho
• Roland JP-8000
• Roland JP-8080
• Roland Gaia
• Roland JD-Xi
• Roland SH-201
• Nord Wave
• Nord Lead 3
• Nord Lead 4
• Nord Lead A1
• Nord Stage 3
• Moog One
• Moog Minitaur
• Korg MicroKorg
• Korg MicroKorg XL
• Korg Minilogue XD
• Korg MS-20i
• Korg MS-2000
• Novation MiniNova
• Yamaha Reface CS

*complete list of new features and supported synths will be announced upon the official release in March 2019.

Pricing and Availability
Omnisphere 2.6 is a FREE update to all registered Omnisphere 2 users!
Official Release March 2019
Another fine looking update. And the second I saw...
• Korg MS-20i
...I bought one on eBay. Yay.

Two other excitements for me...

1) Eric is back on D-50 sounds, and taking them into "completely new sonic territory". That does sound rather good. Clearly still a passion... this is a fun video if you haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggsB5e ... gs=pl%2Cwn

2) Drag and drop from the Arp to the DAW. Yay.

Someone will be along in a moment to say Omnsiphere is just a ROMpler, look at all fanboys etc, but this is KVR and that's just how it is and always will be. For those of us who use it, it's the gift that keeps on giving, and Omni gets more Omni with each release.
Last edited by noiseboyuk on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I think this is great. Love how it works with my Sledge II, and Bass Station II. Plus the ARP-to-midi... yay, indeed.
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I'm curious about that D-50 integration. With 4 layers now, I thought that Omnisphere 2.5 could be some sort of contemporary D-50. Hope to find the Soundtrack patch in the library now lol. I never could remake it right in any synth.

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:19 pm Best of all, Omnisphere 2.6 can now capture the MIDI data of what the arpeggiator is doing as a standard MIDI file, which can be dragged to any DAW for further editing!
Holy crap - that is awesome

Omnsiphere is just a ROMpler.

I’m excited at the prospect of programming Omnisphere from the front panel of my D-05!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

commodore wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:00 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:19 pm Best of all, Omnisphere 2.6 can now capture the MIDI data of what the arpeggiator is doing as a standard MIDI file, which can be dragged to any DAW for further editing!
Holy crap - that is awesome
I’m not entirely clear why this is better than Omnisphere simply outputting MIDI all the time and recording it directly into a DAW track.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 pm I’m not entirely clear why this is better than Omnisphere simply outputting MIDI all the time and recording it directly into a DAW track.
Currently the arp cannot output midi data.
This feature has been a long-standing request along with an overhaul of the arp system in general.

I'd pay for them to simplify the browser and clean up the tags. Way too many tags. So many tags!

All in all, looks like a great free update though.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:30 pm I'd pay for them to simplify the browser and clean up the tags. Way too many tags. So many tags!

All in all, looks like a great free update though.
Yes to all...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

The gift that keeps on giving. ;-)

All that work on Omnisphere...

...so little attention to Stylus RMX... :(

I was waiting to get Stylus updated and freash for 2019.....

topaz wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 pm The gift that keeps on giving. ;-)
This. So much joy from this purchase, albeit rather expensive purchase at the time. It's definitely paid it's dues over and over again.. both in fun and in productivity. Simply an awesome thing!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

synapse audio would make a dune 4 out of this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spectrasonics kick A**!!!!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”