donkeyt-dead air-rokk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bit of bombast in the retro stylee. May have plagia...been inspired by Ver zep a little bit.. :hihi: (including cod 'Middle Eastern' section :scared: ). Ludicrous guitar solo - lots of studio trickery.

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... ad-air.mp3

As ever, no doubt shite to adjust as I go along.

I think it might be a bit p**g r**k..
Last edited by donkey tugger on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Really dig this arrangement; I don't even care that I can't make out your lyrics. Snare and toms seem drowned out though.
What else can I say, oh yeah cool as ever.

bluedad wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 pm I don't even care that I can't make out your lyrics. Snare and toms seem drowned out though.
Cheers. Good assessment I'll wager. Turned the main vocal, snare and drums up a bit (never need any encouragement to turn up any drums, except hi-hats of course :hihi: ). Vocals may yet go up a bit further I think, but I'll cogitate on it..

Edited the link with new version.

oh yeah, much better all around!

were there any alt tuning on the guitars?

bluedad wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:49 pm were there any alt tuning on the guitars?
Indeed, it's D-G-C-G-C-D (which I am reliably informed is the same as for 'The Rain Song'!)

Quite solid wall-to-wall sound. Serious rock :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Another solid DT rocker. Excellent contrast between the soft and loud sections. Plenty of inventive guitar work. :tu:

As others have noted, the mix lacks clarity.

My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Sorry it took so long for me to get to this. I actually look forward to when you post something. I think most people here do. Anyway, not much to say other than your typical quality track. I don't particularly agree with the criticisms of the mix. I love it. But what do I know?

folderol wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:06 am Quite solid wall-to-wall sound. Serious rock :tu:
Cheers!

Frantz wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:58 pm

As others have noted, the mix lacks clarity.
Still tinkering - new mix uploaded. Whilst I do want it to have a bit of a retro feel, the guitars needed to cut through a bit more. Don't want them to be 'stuck to the front of the speakers' in the modern stylee either. Somewhere in the middle now hopefully! Just a little bit of exciter (not so much it's too crispy) added as well.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:28 pm My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Sorry it took so long for me to get to this. I actually look forward to when you post something. I think most people here do. Anyway, not much to say other than your typical quality track. I don't particularly agree with the criticisms of the mix. I love it. But what do I know?
Cheers Wags. Always good to get different perspectives. As above, a bit of minor tinkering just to emphasise things a bit more.

I think I'll leave it for a bit now- getting to the stage where 'tinkering' starts to turn into, 'completely f**king up what was any good about it in the first place'. :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:47 pm Ludicrous guitar solo - lots of studio trickery.
oh hell yes ...
:clap: :hyper: :clap:

experimental.crow wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:30 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:47 pm Ludicrous guitar solo - lots of studio trickery.
oh hell yes ...
:clap: :hyper: :clap:
:lol: I linked the tremelo arm of the plastic YRG midi guitar to the pitch control of the audio track in 'realtime stretch' mode and recorded the automation, in a sort of low quality DIY Digitech Whammy effect. Tom Morello isn't losing any sleep, but I do rather like how it turned out. :clown:

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:47 pm I think it might be a bit p**g r**k..
By jove. I think he's right.

I can hear Led Zep influences/stylings all the way through this one. Those guitar parts all mesh together nicely to create that '70s vibe. Good job with the bassline too.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”