Classical Music/Soundtrack

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-NCOymPP0o

Wrote this long time ago, now refined and orchestrated. Please let me know your thoughts/opinion on this piece.
Last edited by mediumaevum on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Instruments sound fabulous. Cool melodies and harmonic progressions.
Definitely anthemic.
Perhaps a bit more timpani.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nice, well done. Celtic feel to it.
Bass instruments didn't come in until halfway through, which leaves the first half a bit thin.
I don't remember if I heard any clear "call and response" sections...?

Bansaw wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:52 am Nice, well done. Celtic feel to it.
Bass instruments didn't come in until halfway through, which leaves the first half a bit thin.
I don't remember if I heard any clear "call and response" sections...?
Allomerus wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 pm Instruments sound fabulous. Cool melodies and harmonic progressions.
Definitely anthemic.
Perhaps a bit more timpani.
Well done!
:)
Thanks for the critique/feedback. I've updated the piece and here's the final version in the OP.

Any comments to the final version?

Very good indeed. Vid is a perfect fit :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 am Very good indeed. Vid is a perfect fit :tu:
Thanks.

I'd like some feedback on the overall Mix, Arrangement & Dynamics/Expression of the strings.

I've been told elsewhere that my mixing and dynamics has improved, but I'd like to know if others feel the same.

Its a pretty piece. I like it , but it could be better.
You missed the chance at 1:45 to really take it to a new place in terms of energy. That should have been vertically developed. Maybe some other percussion, other instruments etc could have been inserted.
You also could have put a "bridge" section in where you provided some kind of counter melody or a different vibe. Not that orchestral music has necessarily a "bridge", but you know what I mean. Check out "call and response" too.
Nice woodwinds. You might like Shire Whistle from Embertone for this kind of music.
I'm sure you could take a "good" song like thing and make it "very good" with a few developments.

Bansaw wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:45 pm Its a pretty piece. I like it , but it could be better.
You missed the chance at 1:45 to really take it to a new place in terms of energy. That should have been vertically developed. Maybe some other percussion, other instruments etc could have been inserted.
You also could have put a "bridge" section in where you provided some kind of counter melody or a different vibe. Not that orchestral music has necessarily a "bridge", but you know what I mean. Check out "call and response" too.
Nice woodwinds. You might like Shire Whistle from Embertone for this kind of music.
I'm sure you could take a "good" song like thing and make it "very good" with a few developments.
Thanks, I will take this critique into consideration for future compositions.

It’s a very nice pastoral soundtrack. The instruments seem to all have their own comfortable space and are balanced appropriately. I wasn’t listening closely if they were strictly placed on a traditional orchestral stage as it is soundtrack music.

I think Bansaw makes a good point. Something to take the listener a little out of the established calming mood and then bring them back.

Return to “Music Cafe”