So korg gadget is coming to windows now (inlcuding KORG Module, iM1, iWAVESTATION, ARP ODYSSEi and iMono/Poly versions!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think the iWavestation, iMonoPoly ..etc are included. The gadgets of those are like 'mini' versions of the iKorg synths in iOS.

Still, there are many gadgets out there and they seem really nice ones. I saw some Oberheim colours (Phoenix) and some others (maybe Roland). They sound good in YouTube but I don't know how useful they are with the very limited functionalities. Anyway, they might increase productivity if used within Maschine (Let's see BONES what he thinks about such workflow as I might consider it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2fX48puo8

If it sells for $299, that is expensive for me, but if they sell the basic one for $50 includes few gadgets and then I can add whatever I like for reasonable prices (say $20 a gadget) that would be great.

I mean I have just bought Aparillo for $59 from JRR Shop and that is a killer modern FM synth, so Korg?

They would be great for Maschine. But 299 would be way too much.

Who cares really? They basically abandoned legitimate Legacy Collection owners, after forcing us to update to a new password protection system while not updating their tiny tiny UI to modern monitors. Stop giving these people money.
<List your stupid gear here>

Korg regularly has Gadget sales for 50% off. $150 is much more reasonable. The only reason I haven’t bought it for the Mac is that I have a ridiculous amount of synth plugins already. A plug-in (or a suite of them) needs to be pretty different for me to get on board. I have VA, wavetable, and sample based synthesis out the ying-yang already. However, if I was just starting to buy 3rd party plugs, Gadget would definitely be one of the first.

It would be better if they ported the iSynths to the desktop, but I think I can guess the reason why not now!

At first I thought it's because of the piracy, well, maybe still but my guess they won't benefit from it because every KC/KLC owner would want a free upgrade. But they are wrong because there are people want to pay (reasonably) for upgrading the GUI to the iSynths. I don't know! I just feel that Korg has a messy management not only in software but in hardware business.

They better not make me pay extra for an updated Wavestation GUI in VST...my opinion of this company is already quite low at this point.

Some more droid stuff would be nice too. Kaossilator is a blast to play with on my Samsung tab.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Is there an update option for korg collection users ?

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0228/

Has someone some real information what is actually part of the Windows Gadget 2 package? The info on their page is pretty sparse...
Is the actual Gadget app available as a plugin or not at all?
Are the M1, Wavestation, etc. included and have a scalable UI?

lol okay... so at release it doesn't feature Recife, Zurich, AbuDhabi, Kamata, Gladstone, Madrid, Vancouver, Lisbon, Stockholm, Salzburg, Montreal, Alexandira, Firenze, Glasgow, Darwin, Lexington, Milpitas and Montpellier.

Plus there's no demo.

:/

Is it just me?
I can`t decrypt why should I pay $149 for a PC upgrade and I do not know for what? :shrug:
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Did anyone buy this on PC? How is it performing?

Are they kidding? $149 for PC users with no host software, screw that!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

https://www.korg.com/sg/news/2019/032202/

Seems they just added 6 of the missing gadgets to the Windows version.

Return to “Instruments”