Comb:nat - Emerging

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,
I've got two further tracks on my Soundcloud page.

https://soundcloud.com/user-604301675/combnat-emerging

https://soundcloud.com/user-604301675/glimmr

Please have a listen. Thank you!

Greetings
NR

funky stuff. interesting sounds as usual, not sure i liked the mid-rangy tone of the kick.
All in all, a good play around a simple piano loop. lol
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Only one of the tracks "Comb:nat - Emerging" is available. Enjoyable low-key atmospheric funk. :tu:

I am finding the drums are overwhelming the rest of the track especially at 2:35.

@frantz & layzer: Thank you very much for taking the time and listening. The streaming quality is not overwhelming because the upload is mp3 (couldn't find the wav..lol), therefore one can download the whole EP. For free of course.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wdf45qw4 ... (2019).zip

:)
Greetings
NR

Thumbs up! I think you should talk to Frantz for a collaboration - this track and his voice, more like spoken words, just on one pitch...
The mix is good, but some parts are very full and the piano loop drowns in the percussion loops. probably some tiny Eq or sidechain would help the piano loop to stand out.

Thanks for listening :-) Yes, a collaboration with frantz would definitely be cool. smile. To the mix: I have to look for the recordings because the track is three years old, I just came over the mp3 on my harddisc. It's abit muddy all in all but with analog mastering that thing would sound slightly odd...
Greetings
NR

Sounds good. I like the beat and the 'sax' sound at the end...
As others have said a bit of mixing work would help. Not easy if you don't have the original stems.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nice. I think you have some really good creativity capability.
Knocking kick a bit too prominent for me though.

@allomerus&bansaw: thanks. the kick is the prominent sound in the track, I intended to push it forward.

I enjoyed it. I didn't dislike the sound of the kick, although the track sounded a little muddy between 2:35 and 2:55. It may be that the peak levels were very close to 0dB. I have found that mp3 encoding on SoundCloud can be quite sensitive to high peak levels, particularly when the source file contains a lot of LF power below about 45Hz or HF power above approx 15K.

Good work :)

My Feedback (Comb)

Music - 5
Instruments 8.5
Performance - 6.5
Mix - 6

Overall - 6.5

Comments: Intro too long. Well, thought it was an intro. Starting to look like it's the song. Can't tell. The going back and forth between that intro and other stuff is...Yeah. Anyway, strange track. Drums towards middle are WAY TOO LOUD. All in all, nerve wracking track with a one arp motif that goes nowhere. Does anybody know what a top line is anymore? Back in my day we called them melodies. The sudden end seems to come out of nowhere. Very jarring. A fade would have worked much better. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too old for this stuff but all this track did was annoy me outside of the interesting synth sounds. Points for that anyway.

seismic1 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:22 am I enjoyed it. I didn't dislike the sound of the kick, although the track sounded a little muddy between 2:35 and 2:55. It may be that the peak levels were very close to 0dB. I have found that mp3 encoding on SoundCloud can be quite sensitive to high peak levels, particularly when the source file contains a lot of LF power below about 45Hz or HF power above approx 15K.

Good work :)
Thanks for your feedback! mp3 uploads on soundcloud are not the best solution, anyways. the mix was done three years ago, I think I would do it slightly differrent nowadays. greetings nr

:dog:
wagtunes wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:33 am My Feedback (Comb)

Music - 5
Instruments 8.5
Performance - 6.5
Mix - 6

Overall - 6.5

Comments: Intro too long. Well, thought it was an intro. Starting to look like it's the song. Can't tell. The going back and forth between that intro and other stuff is...Yeah. Anyway, strange track. Drums towards middle are WAY TOO LOUD. All in all, nerve wracking track with a one arp motif that goes nowhere. Does anybody know what a top line is anymore? Back in my day we called them melodies. The sudden end seems to come out of nowhere. Very jarring. A fade would have worked much better. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too old for this stuff but all this track did was annoy me outside of the interesting synth sounds. Points for that anyway.
Thanks for listening..

Return to “Music Cafe”