Late 70s synth pop feel

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Demo I'm working on.
Love any feedback re Mix / Production etc.
Thank you. :D
https://soundcloud.com/screamershock/fl ... ight-back

Quirky and memorable. I enjoyed this. :tu:

I think the vocals are slightly too aggressive sounding for the chilled backing. The high synth that comes in 2:24 sounds distorted and loud but that might be intentional.

Creative and unique track.
but for me, high frequency range overcooked in the second half of the song.

My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.375

Comments: Maybe 80s. Definitely not late 70s. Otherwise, really liked this. Very catchy in spite of it being very monotonous. It's basically one long hook but it works. Didn't hear the high frequency problems others did because my 5k and over is shot. So sometimes that's a good thing. One of my favorite tracks since hanging out here. I plan on listening to this tomorrow again.

near perfect freq spectrum mix on this one.
agree with Frantz on the vocals, you can see the spike at 1khz where the vocals are piercing.
agree with wags that its just a chorus repeating.
i think the low end is mixed a little weak.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I'm never keen on spoken material on top of instrumental tracks. I find it splits my concentration. Also, as the other said in this case it's also really rather harsh.
Just my 2d (UK old money)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Frantz wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:16 pm Quirky and memorable. I enjoyed this. :tu:
I think the vocals are slightly too aggressive sounding for the chilled backing. The high synth that comes in 2:24 sounds distorted and loud but that might be intentional.
Thank you. Vocals and high synth both now pulled back.
Bansaw wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 am Creative and unique track.
but for me, high frequency range overcooked in the second half of the song.
Thank you. High frequency hopefully dealt with.
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:20 am My Feedback
Music - 10
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 9.5
Overall - 9.375
Comments: Maybe 80s. Definitely not late 70s. Otherwise, really liked this. Very catchy in spite of it being very monotonous. It's basically one long hook but it works. Didn't hear the high frequency problems others did because my 5k and over is shot. So sometimes that's a good thing. One of my favorite tracks since hanging out here. I plan on listening to this tomorrow again.
Thanks for the excellent score! Much better than last time 😊
Really please you like it.
layzer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:17 am near perfect freq spectrum mix on this one.
agree with Frantz on the vocals, you can see the spike at 1khz where the vocals are piercing.
agree with wags that its just a chorus repeating.
i think the low end is mixed a little weak.
Thank you. Low end still needs work.
folderol wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm I'm never keen on spoken material on top of instrumental tracks. I find it splits my concentration. Also, as the other said in this case it's also really rather harsh.
Just my 2d (UK old money)
Cheers, I too remember the thrupenny bit :tu:

There's now a vid :)
Also written using the Reaper DAW, an amazing piece of software :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... zpri8lWVkE

Return to “Music Cafe”