Zebra 3/Hive schedule?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Zebra

You can modulate WT position in the mod matrix with any of the sources that are there?

drzhnn wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:12 pm I like the new look. Nice choice of colors :tu:
Yes Lilac and Lima Bean. Often found together.....if your designer is Stevie Wonder..... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:06 am You can modulate WT position in the mod matrix with any of the sources that are there?
If you use LFO 1 and 2 for retriggered WT-Scanning via Mod-Matrix nothing is left for other LFO-Modulations.
Thats the reason why Serum has "8" MSEGs.

MorpherX wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:51 am
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:06 am You can modulate WT position in the mod matrix with any of the sources that are there?
If you use LFO 1 and 2 for retriggered WT-Scanning via Mod-Matrix nothing is left for other LFO-Modulations.
Each of the Wavetable Osc's has a way to loop the wavetable. So it is not necessary to use an LFO. Also, Envelopes loop, so an LFO can be used to loop the envelope and do something else as well.

VLFO is free running so if the patch doesn't call for vibrato or you can live with sharing it, you can use this a mod source for Position.
Always Read the Manual!

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:17 am
MorpherX wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:51 am
Each of the Wavetable Osc's has a way to loop the wavetable. So it is not necessary to use an LFO. Also, Envelopes loop, so an LFO can be used to loop the envelope and do something else as well.
Sorry you don't understand, these Wavetable Oscs have no retrigger options, so everytime you press a new note the wavtable starts from the startpoint.
But with retrigger option "single" from LFOs the wavetable continues even when a new note is played. This is a
big soundwise and musical difference. And if you use the LFOs for this, only this VLFO is free for other usage.
Therefore Wavetable Oscs and the new AD-LFO tool needs retrigger options in my view.
Beside this my request goes to U-He not to you and Mr. Urs has to decide if this will be implemented or not.

Hive 2.0 is going to have more gate-triggered LFO options, freeing the normal LFOs for single trigger needs. The upcoming complex modulation source will also have single trigger options and it will offer LFO-functionality as well.

MorpherX wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:07 amBeside this my request goes to U-He not to you
Your request has been granted for a while... Hive 2.0 will add more options.

I was offering some potential solutions in the meanwhile.

Urs wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:14 am Hive 2.0 is going to have more gate-triggered LFO options, freeing the normal LFOs for single trigger needs. The upcoming complex modulation source will also have single trigger options and it will offer LFO-functionality as well.
Thanks for clarification !

Does anyone else feel that zebra would gain a lot from being able to save and recall module states? I dont know if/how that could coexist with the larger preset format, but i just have this idea of being able to cycle through your (and/or others') created oscillators, reverbs, additive effects, etc. and a staggering potential for happy accidents.

I only got zebra and hz like a month ago, so maybe im just noobing out, but i feel like at the very least the reverb module could use this. Its so interesting and unique in its parameters, but if i make something cool it's not all that intuitive to remember and recreate on the fly to try on another patch, for instance.

Hive does that. I expect it will be part of Z3 in some form.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 pm Hive does that. I expect it will be part of Z3 in some form.
Yes but I really wish it had ‘previous’ and ‘next’ arrows, instead of module -> navigate -> click each time.

Razzia wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 pm Does anyone else feel that zebra would gain a lot from being able to save and recall module states?
I definitely do. Would be very cool to have that feature like Hive does.

IIRC that's very likely to happen for Z3. And yes, it would be a pretty cool workflow booster.

alexishere wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:54 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 pm Hive does that. I expect it will be part of Z3 in some form.
Yes but I really wish it had ‘previous’ and ‘next’ arrows, instead of module -> navigate -> click each time.
For this to work, every module would have to have:

1. space for a preset name
2. a preset save button
3. ‘previous’ and ‘next’ arrows
4. a preset 'lock' feature

Why preset lock? To stop you from accidentally scrolling through the presets of a module with your keyboard arrow buttons or mousewheel.

Also, you will have to group modules into types for saving - so you can distinguish which preset belongs to which module type in your preset save folders (like the Hive Modules save folders, but more) . Your preset save folder starts to take on a whole new level of complexity. :scared: :hihi:

Hehe it gets pretty crazy complex. Every synth starts to resemble a DAW in itself. :lol:

(I am actually for something like this, not against. But I see dragons and some user support nightmares ahead. :cry: :D )
Last edited by spunkmuffin on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to “u-he”