Zebra 3/Hive schedule?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Zebra

Urs wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:27 pm
tony10000 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:24 pm I like what I see so far. Very clean design!
Yep. We're adding *colours*. We're creating more space by doing a bunch of icons instead of text. There'll be everything you know from Hive, plus a more or less subtle strip of 60 or so pixels with new stuff - all still on the same single page layout.
Awesome! Love it! :D

Looking forward to seeing the secret new stuff (ready for a slow tease). Much better use of space based on what we can see. That osc section is laid out almost identically to the Plugmon skin I've been using and the filter routing is very well-laid out too. Don't love the green and pink combo, but maybe that can be changed (not sure what you meant when you add said adding colours).

Other Hexagon contents sport different colours. FX section for instance is grey on the outside, but all effects have their own colouring, corresponding to the module colours (new feature!) in the ordering widget.

Interesting! I like where it's going. I like the colors, much more contrast between sections! It still looks futuristic, but a bit more ehh... tasteful?

So, by having the osc (I like having a wave display btw) and filter in the same row, there's a lot off room on the other halv of the hexagon. Maybe the lfo's and env's will get some love? And below that this 60 pixel strip? Intriguing, 60 pixels isn't exactly much...

About the hexagon, I personally doesn't have that much against it. And it's the visual staple off Hive for sure. The problem is it's an awkward shape to jam stuff into and it shows (Hive 2's hexagon looks a bit less "cluttered" tough).

I think the Hexagon got a bit more space so things can get arranged more nicely.

Apart from moving the filters next to the oscillators (which we can change back at any time, should it impose any obstacle), there's no big difference in layout.

The 60-or-so pixels strip is between Hexagon and bottom panel. The bottom panel switches will be moved to the side. The reason something is *right below* the Hexagon is, there's something small (good overview, nice to look at), which, when you click/hover it, will open an expanded view in the Hexagon (great for precise editing). In order for this to work, it had to be close. It would be an understatement to call it a "baby performer" or "baby stepper" as known form other synths, because we're maximizing the possibilities to go wild with this.

I like the new look. Nice choice of colors :tu:

Ahh, I see! Sounds like a fun addition and -fun- was exactly what I was looking for when I bought Hive. Q2 tough? That can be anything between april and june! Sigh...

Breach The Sky wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:13 pm Ahh, I see! Sounds like a fun addition and -fun- was exactly what I was looking for when I bought Hive. Q2 tough? That can be anything between april and june! Sigh...
We've become cautious in regards to release dates ;-)

Show us moar! :-D

New look certainly is cool, but I dislike asymmetric hexagon. Hexagon itself is a perfect figure (allowing perfect 2D-packing and so on), and, when distorted, it looks defective. Also it now is not so close to bee honeycomb as before, thus less explaining synthesizer name.

Edit: My bad. :D Hexagon is still perfect. It's pink line that distracted me.

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm Sascha (head developer of Twangström, Presswerk and Satin) is supposed to take over Uhbik development.
My heart just skipped a beat when I read that. Very cool news.
Why don't I own Uhbik? I need Uhbik.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

drzhnn wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:12 pm I like the new look. Nice choice of colors :tu:
+1
I wouldn't expect anything less.

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:29 am
Urs wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm Sascha (head developer of Twangström, Presswerk and Satin) is supposed to take over Uhbik development.
My heart just skipped a beat when I read that. Very cool news.
Why don't I own Uhbik? I need Uhbik.

/C
2 beats!

Urs wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:54 pm
PieBerger wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:39 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:32 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:05 pm I dont know if this has been asked or not but will Hive 2 be preset compatible with hive 1.2?
Yes, absolutely! Hiev 1.2 presets will sound identical in Hive 2.0.
:dog: marketing 101: everything is better in the new version :lol:
Well, "improved sound quality" would be a bug. It would make existing projects sound different.
Totally! I had a strong discussion long ago with a dev that continued "improving" their product, breaking sonic coherence in old projects, and he didn't seem to understand this (so simple for me) concept.
BTW, I know the same dev had some discussions with Urs also, on other topics though.... :)

- Mario

Hive 1.2 has no retrigger options in the Wavetable windows.
Therefore it can nearly only be used for Piano, Percusions or Drums.
This is a big disadvantage.

So Mr. Urs,
could you please add retrigger options to WT-Scaning windows and the coming new AD-LFO-Tools in Hive 2 !?

Return to “u-he”