Architect: Does anyone have a * macro/script

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, to clarify, you basically want a run of 0's followed by 1's, with the 1's essentially coming earlier as the automation curve tends towards 1?

I'll get my algorithmic hat on and try to come up with some neat solution for you before the end of play today...
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

This is what I came up with. It's basically a Bernoulli distribution, where for each `n` reads, the last % will be 1. So if you set `n` to 10 and % to 0.3, you will get: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1. After that, the cycle will repeat, so 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 again.

You'll need to set `n` according to whatever cycle period you want, and then dynamically change % using automation or a slider or whatever to get the time-varying pattern you wanted.

The macro itself is attached to this post. Just unzip it into your Fragments folder, and it'll show up in Architect's Object Palette.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Wow, thanks so much for this, this is exactly what I was hoping to achieve and more! I'm not quite at the stage in this project where I'll be using it yet but I'll be sure to let you know how it goes once I've made use of it! Greatly appreciate this :)

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:39 pm A new version of "Tom's Midi Mangler" is up.

Hopefully no hanging notes anymore, added swing, much cleaner code structure and only on fridays with a full moon the friggin event order gremlins decide to throw an error... :evil: ;-)

https://www.screendream.de/code/toms-midi-mangler

Cheers,

Tom

Thanx man!!!!!!
Awesome!
Great stuff and for me absolutely needed to learn do own stuffs...

BTW: This looks specially handy for BW (cause the way how easily it handles Midi Channels - specially with Midi Channel filter).

You are welcome ;-)
I still get event order errors randomly with the mangler. I sent the file to Colin a long time ago but didn't get an answer on what the problem may be. If you should get them, de-activating and re-activating Architect often solves it for me in Bitwig.
Event order basically killed the fun with Architect for me.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Argh, sorry, this must have slipped through the support cracks. EDIT: Ok, I've looked into it and seen a few issues: I'll fix the patch this week, explain what I did (and why) and upload the amended version here.

Cool, thanks Colin ;-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Just moving the module slightly above the other can fix the event order .
There is also the order module to sort it out .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:54 am You are welcome ;-)
I still get event order errors randomly with the mangler. I sent the file to Colin a long time ago but didn't get an answer on what the problem may be. If you should get them, de-activating and re-activating Architect often solves it for me in Bitwig.
Event order basically killed the fun with Architect for me.

Cheers,

Tom
I saw errors in console, but it still worked quite well (I´ll keep eye on this one)).
Seems to me regular issue w/ soft that do things that others can´t. (As in BW: You know that midi-stretching could wait)))

I've started fixing these errors, whilst making as few changes as posssible to keep the flavour of the original patch, and will have a corrected version ready shortly.

Does anyone have ... macro or script for - or rather know how to set up modules for: 1) Getting midi in ratios and decimals? Can Architect do something like Scala?
- in Archtect I ve tried increment scale (w/ unpack noteon and set key) but unsuccessfully.
(- I ve tried to do this: with U-He synths detune, by modulation in Bitwig, but I ve had to continuously switch three synth to avoid glitches. But it works in BW´s Grid.)

2) Getting float (numbers) into sequencer step lengthh - getting step in ANY length (not just 1-24/1-24, like f. e.: 64/ 50, 64/ 52 etc...)
- I was also not able to run multiply over 24 with Arrays in Data module routed to seq lenght.
(Even Bitwig sequencer can do ratios 100/100 (or 99/ 98)). I think that 24 is limitation when one is trying to do echoes..)

[Add]: 3) Would anybody be interested (as I am) to run modulation also out Architect - like u can use Leap motion, Loopbe1 and GECO and just send it to MIDI-CC. I guess it is not question for macro tough...
Edit2: Ha! That looks like can be done (by sending Midi destination to LoopBe)..

In here: http://d-evil.euweb.cz/mus/KVR.7z - is Colin´s script for echoes - I still did not get thru it...and I dont wanna bother Colin, and two BW project (1. demonstrating mentioned Uhe issue, 2. with Architect set up) just to share something too.))

Aliam Sigsaly wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:51 am Getting midi in ratios and decimals
I'm happy to take a look at these requests. Can I just clarify what you mean here: are you wanting to use decimal MIDI notes, for example, 60.5 would be the MIDI note half way between 60 and 61?

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:11 pm
Aliam Sigsaly wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:51 am Getting midi in ratios and decimals
I'm happy to take a look at these requests. Can I just clarify what you mean here: are you wanting to use decimal MIDI notes, for example, 60.5 would be the MIDI note half way between 60 and 61?
Multiple Edit:
I am no Pro (and have no plans to be) - so IMHO why rediscover US and do not use ratios based on tones over f. e. C1 64 Hz that were already established - https://archive.org/details/HindemithPa ... 5/mode/2up. (Once done, every one can adjust it or leave it completely). BTW: Correct, I meant decimals like you ve said, but tough more precise they are harder to memorize and use and if ratios are set little bit right, difference is negligible... so for start I would rater use ratios.
(For regular composing it should be no big difference, but it should shine in faster arps (1/16,. 1/32).. and than linking them to 1/8 ..keyish tunes (specially when linked to amp env., stereo, compressor resp. filter/ phaser).)

Tuning files on the fly
In link above in pages 35-8 (Ch.: New Proposal) he is setting C, G, F, A, E, Eb + Ab and base on these (pg 38-43) he rise the rest.
Since columns are not working here, I ve sum it in pdf - http://d-evil.euweb.cz/mus/temperament2.pdf (see New proposal chapter)

As seen: He derive f. e. G as 3/2, but than he treat it as 3. tone over and put down 4 octaves, so u have 3/2 x 3/4 as D1 (which can be 9/8 - so one could than use these smaller ratios (x/8) for some emerging arps tunes).
Only Gb is done by three ratios: 4/3 x 4/3 x 2/5*2 (64/45)).

(Advantages is also, that you can make in Serum waveform with particular overtones, and load in f. e. Zebra and blurring between fundamental and overtones, while using wavetables..
Also one can add some retro musical elements - Combination of tones (Second order tones) - like double stop (Violin) - u can use 4. + 6.tones over and even on synth (tough it is not usual) produce 2. tone.)

Once u set some ratios, it would be cool - or at least more feasible - to use them step length too.) Eventually (tough far less eloquent) one can use divided constants in DAW and modulate Speed in Architect..

Latter :
For arp I would find useful to do something what special Predator (Rop Papen) was doing well - live jammer: say I set some steps length and intervals to jam, but than in some steps if I still hold note, sequencer would this time let it roll longer, but it would force next step be shorter.
I saw in modules conditions - so there can be hell of fun.

Than nother cool thing would be groover (specially when one can export midi and sync sound with rest of the track - that s why I left built in arps). I am working on these (and thnx 4 script I am still learning Lua).

But all in all, Architect is great now. :phones: :tu:

Top elementary Live Jammer0.
It is actually not too much jamming, it actually really does not..
For those who see Architect less than 5 minutes: It mix (add up) DAW midi output with set up M3, P5 in seq (as in Synth arps) - if Set key module has right inlet only from Polystep seq, it plays only when seq is playing, if from Midi ...

Unconnected stuff should one day change sequencer, if midi is longer or shorter than sequence step length do some jam)). :D

I just wanted to encourage others to also share some of their built in sequencer set up, cause (as far as I know) it works in time line and gives better look what is stretching/ shrinking...

Aliam Sigsaly wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:02 pm
BTW: Correct, I meant decimals like you ve said, but tough more precise they are harder to memorize and use and if ratios are set little bit right, difference is negligible... so for start I would rater use ratios.
Just so I am clear, you mean take a pitch, say C4, and then calculate what, for example, 2 / 3 the pitch of C4 is?

Return to “Loomer”