2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:36 pm you're not the donald are you?
Heh, I just happen to have a pretty sweet job... :)

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:36 pm you're not the donald are you?
No, I'm not.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:hihi:
not a bad place for it either, believe me, it wouldn't be as sweet a job in the courses around here. unless you like being piss wet through all day and dealing with miserable wet golfers :lol:

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:49 pm :hihi:
not a bad place for it either, believe me, it wouldn't be as sweet a job in the courses around here. unless you like being piss wet through all day and dealing with miserable wet golfers :lol:
We get that on occasion, but yeah Maui weather is as one would suspect most of the time.
Sadly, I have little interest in Golf myself (currently), since I suck at it. If I were really good at it,
I could probably get the thing for free. Ridiculously, if you're really good at it, like a few of the
guys I work with, it's pretty easy to get a gig as a "ringer". There are tons of annual charity tournaments,
that the wealthy and (often famous) like to participate in. And most of them are stupidly competitive about it.To that end, if you can help them do that by being on their team, they will pay for everything, and make it worth your time. I know guys that get "gifted" a set of golf clubs almost every couple years for doing that. Lately, these sets can cost over $7000.00 ("PXG"s), well worth it, to the (cough) "winners". :hihi:

Anyway, true story...

Probably going to buy a new set of speakers. Time for an upgrade.

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:04 pm maybe a nice tape delay emu?
I believe a bucket brigade wildebeest is more your speed.

hmmm. 2019 is mainly selling/trading for me.
Sold Live and swapped Avenger for V collection, and still have quite some stuff for sale.

dune_rave wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:05 am hmmm. 2019 is mainly selling/trading for me.
Sold Live and swapped Avenger for V collection, and still have quite some stuff for sale.
FYI, this is the hardware forum...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Winstontaneous wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:53 am
:?

Bought a push 2, should be coming in tomorrow :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:34 pm
Winstontaneous wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:53 am
:?
it's ok, i just got it :lol:

I figured out I can replace my Mantis and DIY rack with a MDLRCASE 12Ux114 for basically no cash once everything's accounted for. I can put the case on top of a 2U rack, my pedals along the top of the case, controllers in front, and keep everything unified. I wanted to downsize from 460HP to about 370HP, not from 460HP to 456HP, but this works out :D

...and so since I"ll have some room after all, I picked up a Sputnik 5-Step Voltage Source and a Sputnik Selector for less than I would have expected to pay for just the 5SVS. :party: That was the first Eurorack sequencer I really wanted, but the company went under and you have to find them used.

re: hardware for Natural this year - maybe a new acoustic just for alternate tunings. Everything else is pretty much covered by gear I already own.
Unless I get a wild hair up my rear-end and decide to busk on the street again(laptop, line 6 usb interface, battery powered amp, stratocaster & microphone), then all bets are off 8)
Last edited by Mister Natural on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

So far it has been.

Sknote Deluxe 1.

Like I need another amp sim....But this does bring some things to the table that nothing else does. Mainly in the feel category.

Kazrog Synth Warmer.

I got this to use in Mutools mux. It adds a bit of bite to the synths I create.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

i guess saying 'this is the hardware forum' again aint gonna make a difference, then.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”