2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V0RT3X wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:22 am slow-motion ink in fishtanks that kind of stuff.
Im going the low-tech version of that. Tamron Fotovox(*) and ink in jamjars.

(* Blame LMNC)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I'm still unable to sleep due to LMNC Furby nightmares.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

i did some vegetable fat, ink in jam jars. add touch of andrews live salt and shine light through for cheap ass oil projectors.

careful with the liver salts, and levels in jars :o
it can get messy.

oil paint cymatics is fun too 8)

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:39 am i did some vegetable fat, ink in jam jars. add touch of andrews live salt and shine light through for cheap ass oil projectors.

careful with the liver salts, and levels in jars :o
it can get messy.
Yeah, same basic thought. Ive got vague ideas about some cycled RGB LEDs (ie neopixel rings) under the jars too.

pekbro wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:39 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:04 am
pekbro wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:41 pm The bitbox is cool, it changes into different units depending on the loaded firmware. For those who don’t know that.
Yup; Ive not tried the other firmwares yet myself though.
I just tried the FxBox firmware if you still haven't, it's a bit like Artillery2 from Sugarbytes or similar.
Pretty cool actually. Firmware swap is simple. I bought 2, 32 GB microsd cards @ $11 ea. Which is crazy, considering the price a year ago, so I had to give it a go.
Yeah, really need to get around to it, but Ive got a funny feeling it'll make me want a second one.

one thing id like to try, camera under water (probably under actual glass bowl) looking up at say a picture floating on waters surface.
then setting fire to the water.
even without the pic, might need to be done at dusk onwards for best results.

/adds new pyrex bowl to shopping list.

After 15 years since initial release, I finally bought Synthology Ivory Grand Pianos 2.5 with current sale.

Oldie but a goodie. Compliments the other Ivory libraries, Keyscape and numerous other piano libraries I already have.

Trying to refocus more on playable libraries that match my musical background instead of the many ethnic, experimental, weird misc collections I just spend hours clicking thru presets, hitting a few notes and thinking "hmmm I might use that someday ..."

Pianos (and other similar keyboard instruments / organs) I play and compose.

I realize this is a hardware forum. Having purchased a 1TB M2 Ultra SSD the past December has made adding about 500+ GB of pianos/keyboard libraries possible since January. The right real drive makes a difference.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:12 am
V0RT3X wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:22 am I guess it counts, but I just got a new camera for around $5000

I'll be earning the money back with it this year due to my my line of work, so it's definitely not a "toy" but I can still have fun with it. I'm thinking it might be kind of fun learning how to create some "experimental" music videos using weird textures, macro shots, slow-motion ink in fishtanks that kind of stuff.
What camera did you get?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... super.html

The one I’ll be getting is the first version with the lens kit. Im paying $4599 Canadian for the camera kit plus a few extras which brings it closer to $5000.

I also have a Shogun Inferno so I’ll be looking forward to shooting ProRes Raw with this on a Ronin/Readyrig setup. :D
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 am
V0RT3X wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:22 am slow-motion ink in fishtanks that kind of stuff.
Im going the low-tech version of that. Tamron Fotovox(*) and ink in jamjars.

(* Blame LMNC)
I had to look that up, I never heard of this thing until now. Looks interesting! I’ll have to see some videos made with it.

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:01 pm one thing id like to try, camera under water (probably under actual glass bowl) looking up at say a picture floating on waters surface.

That might look pretty neat in slow motion at 240fps or so.

The pieces of ash would presumably start to sink and float towards the camera. Very interesting idea.

V0RT3X wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:08 am
pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:12 am
V0RT3X wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:22 am I guess it counts, but I just got a new camera for around $5000

I'll be earning the money back with it this year due to my my line of work, so it's definitely not a "toy" but I can still have fun with it. I'm thinking it might be kind of fun learning how to create some "experimental" music videos using weird textures, macro shots, slow-motion ink in fishtanks that kind of stuff.
What camera did you get?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... super.html

The one I’ll be getting is the first version with the lens kit. Im paying $4599 Canadian for the camera kit plus a few extras which brings it closer to $5000.

I also have a Shogun Inferno so I’ll be looking forward to shooting ProRes Raw with this on a Ronin/Readyrig setup. :D
Nice camera... I'm doing a lot less video these days so I use my still cameras... all things considered, quite impressive quality... but doesn't do the slow motion stuff.

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:01 pm one thing id like to try, camera under water (probably under actual glass bowl) looking up at say a picture floating on waters surface.

GoPro-clone 'action cameras' with waterproof cases are stupidly cheap these days (I got one from Amazon for about £40 for 4K video resolution, but for HD they start about £25 I think), so you could probably put one in the bowl.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:45 am

GoPro-clone 'action cameras' with waterproof cases are stupidly cheap these days (I got one from Amazon for about £40 for 4K video resolution, but for HD they start about £25 I think), so you could probably put one in the bowl.
damn that is cheap! even the 4k one.
guess i should invest in some cameras, theres millions of moneys to be made on the youtube!

V0RT3X wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:24 am

That might look pretty neat in slow motion at 240fps or so.

The pieces of ash would presumably start to sink and float towards the camera. Very interesting idea.
ideas! i got a billion of em!
means, skills and motivation... meh.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”