MIDI drag & drop Studio One 4

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I searched the knowledge base of Presonus and apparently, Studio One's implementation of drag & drop is a rudementary implementation intended only for S1 use. Below the explanation in the knowledge base:

"There are a few different ways to export midi files or clips from Studio One. Drag and drop to the browser Files tab is arguably one of the most efficient ways.

However, if you want to export a Standard MIDI File that includes all of the necessary attributes such as tempo map and song markers, use File > Save As... and select *.mid or *.midi as the export format in the export dialog's file format selector box. Some of the other export methods do not capture all of that data so if you are intending to export a full featured MIDI file to perhaps use in another DAW, use the File > Save As... method."

That would explain why I could not drag a MIDI file to the Desktop or another application (even RapidComposer running as VST) as the file did not contain all information needed.

Seems that this is an issue totally unrelated to RC, but something only Presonus can fix if they would like to. BTW, Cubase Elements 8 can do the drag and drop without any issues.

Thanks all for your support,

Amin

Hi Amin!
Thanks a lot for looking into this!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila,

I raised a support case at Presonus. However, upon further trials, I believe that RC might be behind this strange MIDI issue. Could you please investigate or tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

Today, I wrote some MIDI notes in MidiEditor (https://www.midieditor.org/) and tried to import this file into RC. No matter what settings I tried, there are always notes not imported in RC. Very strange.

Attached you will find a zip file with a screen shot of RC along side MidiEditor where I have marked the notes missing in RC. Also attached is the MIDI file itself.

Many Thanks and regards,

Amin

BTW, good job on the new Release :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think I can confirm this as being true about it being S1 only. I've only tried it from the timeline to RC, but it does nothing when dropped in Maschine. It shows a blocking circle like it's not allowed. I normally drag from the S1 browser because it allows me to play along with the tracks to audition parts.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”